DJI PHANTOM SUB-FRAME

Reaction score
Has anyone on here tried this sub-frame attachement from uavbits? Thinking of getting it and putting it on when I get my P3 back from DJI for the cracks in the shell. Hopefully this will help prevent those cracks.

DJI Phantom Sub-Frame

I emailed uavbits and Gary responded that it weighs 44 grams. I believe that's less than prop guards.

Last edited:
They look to provide extra safety to the arms from getting hit directly.

Best would be to enclose the entire P3 in a cage to protect from all sides :)

Something similar to the picture shown below;

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1458575798.520147.jpg

It's not a fault. If you don't crash, you will never need the extra protection offered by this product. It's merely a type of insurance.
It's a known issue of the frames cracking on many of the P3 aircrafts. That sub-frame is designed to take the stress off of the arms that the torque from the motors create. I will probably order some when I get mine back from DJI as I had two arms with cracks in them after 6 weeks/20 flights and these were very gentle flights.

It's a known issue of the frames cracking on many of the P3 aircrafts. That sub-frame is designed to take the stress off of the arms that the torque from the motors create. I will probably order some when I get mine back from DJI as I had two arms with cracks in them after 6 weeks/20 flights and these were very gentle flights.
Sorry -- I was only looking at the camera guard :(

That's an interesting looking product. I've never seen anyone here comment on using it. It looks like you might be the guinea pig ;)

That's an interesting looking product. I've never seen anyone here comment on using it. It looks like you might be the guinea pig ;)
It looks that way. I will report back after getting my P3 back and getting it installed.

I suppose it could take quite a while to know if it's actually working. That's the case with products like these though. You more or less just have to trust they are working.

I had a set of the Phantom 3 Pro sub frame arms. From UAVbits

They looked to be 3 D printed, had good hardware and quality overall.

I put them on my P3P and it did seem to make the bird more rigid? But I was looking for a reason to love them. They look cool...

I should say I had the later model P3P so I never had cracking issues anyway. I mentioned I'd like to try them, and was sent a set to try. I took them off and sold them with my P3.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I suppose it could take quite a while to know if it's actually working. That's the case with products like these though. You more or less just have to trust they are working.

That's true also... You only know with lots of flight time.

Also I think they'd help in a wreck, as far as saving he shell.

I had a set of the Phantom 3 Pro sub frame arms. From UAVbits

They looked to be 3 D printed, had good hardware and quality overall.

I put them on my P3P and it did seem to make the bird more rigid? But I was looking for a reason to love them. They look cool...

I should say I had the later model P3P so I never had cracking issues anyway. I mentioned I'd like to try them, and was sent a set to try. I took them off and sold them with my P3.

I just bought my P3P on Janurary 30th, 2016 and it has the new motors. I would have thought the shell would be the new one but not certain. Anyways, mine has cracks in two of the arms after 6 weeks of buying it. So I had to send it back for repair. I just saw those sub-frames and thought they were a little high priced but might be worth it if they will stop the cracking.

Yeah I think if you email Gary, at UAVbits he may give you a deal. I personally don't see how the plates people use work at all. The strong arms stop it from bending the entire arm.

You could also, just keep insisting that DJI repairs their stuff!

I got mine back with new motors and a new she'll after a "fall from the sky" repair

Yeah I think if you email Gary, at UAVbits he may give you a deal. I personally don't see how the plates people use work at all. The strong arms stop it from bending the entire arm.

You could also, just keep insisting that DJI repairs their stuff!

I got mine back with new motors and a new she'll after a "fall from the sky" repair

I emailed Gary to see if he would give me a discount if I reviewed it and put the word out.

I think all you need is STRONG ARM REINFORCEMENT PLATES from the same web site

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20