Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Dji Phantom Shell

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by Grazman, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Grazman

2. Ksc

Ksc

You can in theory. However the time and expense as well as the outcome isn't worth it. You'll have similar results using a battery tray to mount 2 batteries outside and using the new props from the phantom 2 (as long as they work on your motors). You will hear some say to upgrade the motors but that's a wash. They use more power so they may be better lifters (which you'll need when you add more weight) but the lift power washes out with the battery consumption.

3. Ravecreative

I would have thought it would be simpler to ebay your current one and buy a new one. It would probably be cheaper than converting a p1 to a P2.

4. Ksc

Ksc

I agree with him. Sell your 1 for a 2. Craigslist might get you more. No eBay and PayPal fees as well. I have fly my 2 about 98% of the time and only break out the 1 if I want to get a shot that's risky (mostly involving it being near the water). If you can afford it, that's another option. It's also nice for when people come over. I let them fly it because I don't care what they break on it.