DJI Phantom Restoration

Here are some photos as requested. Like I said I have the Transmitter too. Does anyone know where I can get the lens that covers the main LED?

Attachments

• 20130626_200804.jpg
    20130626_200804.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 627
  • 20130626_200654.jpg
    20130626_200654.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 584
  • 20130626_200627.jpg
    20130626_200627.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 628
Here's the rest.

Attachments

• 20130626_200544.jpg
    20130626_200544.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 584
  • 20130626_200654.jpg
    20130626_200654.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 592
  • 20130626_200607.jpg
    20130626_200607.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 610
Is that everything ? In one of your earlier posts, there was a Naza multirotor controller, with a package containing a
regular DJI VU/led . Do you have that, or is it something you are planning to buy ?

The Plastic lens for the Led/Versatile unit, is only available purchased together, and will not work with a non Phantom VU/Led.

Also, you have to decide if you want to use the parts you show in the pictures, and have a generic quad with a Phantom body,
or a DJI Phantom, with genuine DJI Phantom parts.

If you want a real Phantom, that you can connect to the Naza Assistant software, and program, you will have to remove all
the off brand parts. That means the Turnigy 12 amp esc's, and that odd looking mounting plate.

Well other than the Transmitter, Charger and Props that's close to being everything. The Naza FCS I posted was something I was looking to get but I'm ordering a Naza M V2 (Yellow Box) with GPS and PMU etc.. for 220.00. If I take out the Turnigy 12a's how much do you think the stock circuit board style one is?

Will the Turnigy ESC's not allow the software to work with the assistant?

Where are you getting a Naza V2 kit for $220?

No kidding :shock: I paid $428 for mine.

cdnphantom: The Naza V2 is great, but the compass/gps unit will not work with the Phantom. The PMU-2 is okay, and would
would not require you to have a main board, but the VU/Led would have to be mounted outside, so you could see it, and
connect a usb when you need to program.

Since you are able to get all this stuff inexpensively, just order all the parts individually and install them.

You asked about pricing for the Phantom esc's. I would pay $18.00 ea, I would probably be sick to find out how little
you could get them for. Where do you find these deals ?

BruceTS said:
Where are you getting a Naza V2 kit for $220?

Hahaha, from the same guy he bought the Phantom from!!!

I'd love to know where to find a NAZA V2 with GPS for $220 too!

$220 may be Naza M lite with GPS not sure how that would work but it wouod make it not quite a stock phantom. I havent looked I to what features arent in the lite version but this is a red box. If that price is for Naza v2 be careful as it may be a dud deal, I wonder how the guy that sold this phantom originally described it? Looks like he has stripped most parts either through water damage or upgraded them to a larger frame. Only stock parts I can see are motors, shell and radio plus charger you say you also have. Those esc's are pretty much useless I think and dont know much about the controller it came with.

Looks like maybe the guy had water damage and then tried to do a rebuild on the cheap but it failed so he tried to offload it.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get a new or fashion a new grey foam RFI shielding gasket that covers the gps - mind did not survive a Phantom body transplant (which was entirely successful other wise)?

It's not going to help you with the Phantom, but it may make you feel better - do you still have the IMEI # from the smartphone your buddy traded?

I would do a search (on a library computer) for "IMEI tracking" and punch that puppy into every dodgy russian website you can find. With a bit of luck, someone will mess up the guys phone for you. If you've got his phone number, write it on the inside of public toilet stalls.

Another option could be to call the various providers and report the phone stolen, which in a sense it was. That will brick it.

As I said, no help on the Phantom side, but may be somewhat satisfying.

Given the current discounts on Phantoms, you may be better off cutting your losses, buying a new one, and selling the shell to someone who's crashed theirs.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get a new or fashion a new grey foam RFI shielding gasket that covers the gps - mind did not survive a Phantom body transplant (which was entirely successful other wise)?

I bought some stuff from Digi-Key 3M EMI absorber AB5050 .5mm Part #3M5050E-ND

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1