DJI Phantom Quadcopter Fast FPV Practice / SpiroNet Test

Reaction score
Just got SpiroNet antennas delivered for the Fatshark goggles to replace the standard whip antennas, so took a wee trip up to the largest park around to give them a test. Still learning to fly the phantom and only just got my Fatsharks over a week ago so still learning FPV big time.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71mKf0HnY50[/youtube]

Well that was enjoyable. I didn't think the staggered climb work that well but the fast flight sections worked like a dream and it was also impressive flying. You edited it well and I liked the music choice and the close out bring the dog into view.

As to the goggles, how were they behaving on that flight? Much breakup and are you able to pick out people and other risks through them easily? Asking the technical stuff as I may have to get a pair of goggles as not getting on well with my monitor at the moment.

Shrimpy

That was mucho fun! Thanks for sharing :)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Shrimpfarmer said:
Well that was enjoyable. I didn't think the staggered climb work that well but the fast flight sections worked like a dream and it was also impressive flying. You edited it well and I liked the music choice and the close out bring the dog into view.

As to the goggles, how were they behaving on that flight? Much breakup and are you able to pick out people and other risks through them easily? Asking the technical stuff as I may have to get a pair of goggles as not getting on well with my monitor at the moment.

Shrimpy

Thanks, i haven't really had any problems with the goggles other than the stock antennas not being the best, however they still gave great video @ 500/600 meters as long as you were up a good height and in line of sight.

The new antennas seem much better for fast flying, signal doesn't break up as much, and the image does seem clearer, although i've not been able to test the range much.

As for picking out people and other risks, i think i/it will get better with practice, but the image is clear enough to see most things, only thing i've had a problem seeing through the goggles is a very thin telephone line wire that goes across my back garden, i usually don't see that until it's too late and i'm just about to hit it.

I went for the cheaper option in the goggles with the Fatshark Predator V2 kit, inlcuding a transmitter, camera and the goggles, which is **** good enough for my needs at the moment (i hadn't even heard of FPV less than a month ago), however people are reporting better quality / field of view with the more expensive models (aviators / dominators)

Nice job and you've got some guts flying between the posts like that.. :shock: Are you running your goggles through your gopro or have you mounted another camera for your FPV? I don't have any FPV gear yet. I am drooling over the fatshark set from readymaderc. Just have to pull the trigger on that one..

jamaf said:
Nice job and you've got some guts flying between the posts like that.. :shock: Are you running your goggles through your gopro or have you mounted another camera for your FPV? I don't have any FPV gear yet. I am drooling over the fatshark set from readymaderc. Just have to pull the trigger on that one..

Thanks man, the goal posts are quite far apart, it's the smaller gaps i need to worry about. The goggles are connected to a small camera that came with the Fatshark Predator V2 kit, however once my gimbal arrives, i may have to get a video switcher so i can switch from the gimbal (stabilised) footage from the GoPro to the live footage from the smaller (non-stabilised) camera.

If I was doing FPV again, I would buy everything seperately, get the better goggles (dominator or aviator) and install manually, even though I haven't soldered before etc. after seeing what it consists of, it wouldn't be difficult at all to connect everything up. I just went the easy way buying the pre-made predator v2 kit, as i wasn't sure how to go about it? what to do etc?

Cheers,

Dave

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20