DJI Phantom - Problem on take off - flipping on front

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm Marco from Italy.
I just bought a DJI Phantom 1.1.1 KIT with Gimbal Tarot, Gopro 3+ BE and double pack battery.

I think it cames already setted up by company who sold this kit (some gains were set at 125%)

When me and my friend we tried to let our Phantom fly we found some troubles. We tried 3 take offs

On each we found front part to be resistant to fly/take off....and the Phantom just flip over the front side, due to the fact that only rear part was going to the air.
On second and third try we have tried to use the pitch stick in order to reduce the flipping, but (probably due to unexperience) we failed again.

- We have made compass calibration (360° hor , 360° vert)
- got >6 GPS satellites
- motors setup was correct on Naza software
- calibration of sticks was good
- no need to advanced calibration on Naza Software
- open field / no big steel structures near to us

Did someone get same (bad) experience? How did you solve it?
Should gyroscope helps also during take off or it's only "manual" work/experience?

Should we change something due to the fact that with:
-double battery pack
-gimbal
-gopro

Center of Gravity position has changed?

Thanks!
Ciao
Marco

skipper737 said:
Make sure your props are installed properly. jr
Hi, thanks.
We checked also with motor checking (in naza sw). We are using self tightening props, but we also double check it....everything it's good on that :cry:

tini31 said:
skipper737 said:
Make sure your props are installed properly. jr
Hi, thanks.
We checked also with motor checking (in naza sw). We are using self tightening props, but we also double check it....everything it's good on that :cry:

Did you check your mixer type in you assistant software and make sure it's on QUADROTOR X?

hi marco
it is the cg that makes it flip over.
have the same tendency so i use the pitch to counter the problem.
in any case the phantom is having difficulties to carry the load also while in the air.
f550?

raomer said:
hi marco
it is the cg that makes it flip over.
have the same tendency so i use the pitch to counter the problem.
in any case the phantom is having difficulties to carry the load also while in the air.
f550?

Thanks...
Should we try to change any settings in Naza (V2) in order to reduce this tendency?
Does the multicoptor has the same tendency while in air? Or over there GPS is helping much better?
Thanks and Merry Christmas

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20