DJI Phantom Pro 3 Litchi 32000 Foott Flight at Night Time DBS Mod

This was just a waypoint mission. I used straight lines instead of curved and I am using POI and letting the system automatically manage the camera and gimbal. I never touched it with my controller once. I just programmed the mission set the controller down hit launch and it did its own thing. Comes back every time like clockwork! I usually keep it at about 160 or more however I completely forgot that on the back side of the mall there is a hill that goes up about 30-40 feet. So it got much closer than I anticipated which is why its good to always remember not to go lower than 160' :)
We're the pauses programmed to take pictures? There were pauses at a number of poi's.

It seems that if I do straight line way points my DJI stops for a quick moment at each waypoint. Is that not normal behavior? It seems if i do a curved line it just flows through.

This was just a waypoint mission. I used straight lines instead of curved and I am using POI and letting the system automatically manage the camera and gimbal. I never touched it with my controller once. I just programmed the mission set the controller down hit launch and it did its own thing. Comes back every time like clockwork! I usually keep it at about 160 or more however I completely forgot that on the back side of the mall there is a hill that goes up about 30-40 feet. So it got much closer than I anticipated which is why its good to always remember not to go lower than 160' :)
At some points in your missions, do you lose connection? From the point where I see you landed, I can't see you having connection the entire flight.

At some points in your missions, do you lose connection? From the point where I see you landed, I can't see you having connection the entire flight.

I had connection for awhile. But I didn't touch anything. I let the app control and fly the whole mission. The whole time it was circling around the mall and got somewhat closer to the ground I had no connection at that time.

Phelix, thanks for your reply. I initially utilize Litchi because of its power along with its simplicity. Excellent app. Even more awesome when you can set up a mission knowing there will be extensive time when connection will be lost, but have the assurance and trust in the program and A/C, that it will make its way back home. Unbelievable and powerful. Great job. I will have to build my confidence up a bit before I become completely comfortable with this, but I am anxious to take it on. I must state that a in depth, on site review of a anticipated flight path is a must, as you admitted forgetting about the elevation change behind the mall you had forgotten about.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: NormanNormal
It seems that if I do straight line way points my DJI stops for a quick moment at each waypoint. Is that not normal behavior? It seems if i do a curved line it just flows through.
I've only done curved line flights so I'm not sure. It looked like when you were at the furthest points it reacted a bit slow. I almost thought you had manual gimbal control just before and during the whole mall section of the mission. I really thought you programmed pictures at the poi's but then the video wouldn't have been continuous. At those low points with lost connection it might have caused a delay if some kind, who knows. This is a good video and question to ask at the litchi support forum. The bottom line is that although it was an epic flight, I think you lucked out in a big way, especially when you dropped altitude and suffered lost connection. That's really not a good or safe way to conduct missions. Epic yes, but fraught with possible problems.

Also, what did litchi calculate for the total flight time when you planned this mission? What was your battery percentage when you got back?

Reactions: NormanNormal
Wow what an epic misson. That was hands down the best litichi flight ive ever seen. Its clear you have a lot of experience to get that sort of camera control with the app. Great work. I would also love to see the misson on the public hub to get a feel for how you achieved this.

I would love to attempt this one day. I had a scare with litchi because i did not realize that the altimeter can vary up to 30m during the flight as the imu temp changes. I read about it in the important notes section of the litchi documentation after i almost learned the hard way. Scary stuff. I printed that out and keep it with me as a reminder.

Again great work and im a huge fan of what you have done!

Reactions: phelix
Also, what did litchi calculate for the total flight time when you planned this mission? What was your battery percentage when you got back?

It was a 14 minute flight. I had about 50% battery power or so when it made it back. So not to bad.

It was a 14 minute flight. I had about 50% battery power or so when it made it back. So not to bad.
Cool. I have found that Litchi is conservative with time estimates. They tend to buffer by at least a 1 1/2 to 2 full minutes- I figure to account for wind slow downs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers