DJI Phantom pictures and videos in local paper

Reaction score
I recently generated a lot of local interest here in Southend in the UK when I posted an aerial video of our local Pier on Twitter. I was contacted by the local paper and today they did a double page spread of my photos and online article with some embedded videos.

It was great to be able to get across some postive news in the press about quads and drones, together with informing people that we have restrictions on where we can fly etc. Even though the journalist managed to misquote me about the controlled airspace :)

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/110...aerial_videos_taken_of_south_Essex_landmarks/

Great job ! Nice to see something positive about them for once.

That's great!

Curious: in what way did they misquote you?

I had spoken about getting a bigger craft (S800 or S1000) and mentioned if their weight went over 7kg I'd need to talk to ATC at Southend. The proposed enlarged ATZ would mean I would need to talk to them more often as it extends beyond the current 2.5 miles. This was distilled into the phrase in the article, nothing significant.

Well done Dave some great footage and as I'm also from Leigh on Sea it's good to see some home footage. As I'm still in USA until April so have missed the familiar sights (and the horrible winter you've had)
Regards Simon

Thanks Simon, yep the weather has been atrocious, trying to coordinate a weekend and good weather to fly has been impossible, today wasn't bad but all change tomorrow.

Did you get any good aerial videos of Cayman? Would be interesting to see how much its changed since Ivan

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20