DJI Phantom not pulling in satellites

Reaction score
My phantom took a minor spill and ended up under water for about 7 minutes in about 10 inches submerged upright in water. When I pulled it out all leds were looking normal like nothing happened

Finally when I got home to asses the damage here were the results

Gimbal and Gopro both not working

I dried the Gopro Hero three with a blow dryer and it came back to life perfectly
Gimbla also blow dried ant it is fine

Phantom works,flies in house, but outside it won't pick up any satellites
The compass is fine as it responds to turning in the Arris CM200 software. It dispalys compass, and when tou turn it, the compass moves on the screen

I am just wndering what should be replaced, the compass, or the Naza?

As a note, when I opened the body of the phanton it has just a few drops of water on the pc boards in the arms, I guess those are the ESC boards. the GPS on top seemed not to have any water or moisture, and the naza had a bit of moisture on it and some of the connectors were moist which a quick blow dry took care of. What do tou think has to be replaced? the naza or gps?

I would buy the cheaper (GPS) and see if that helps and if not then the Naza itself. I believe buying only the new Naza and trying to fly with GPS that might be bad... could possibly end badly.

You should also remember that even when things start to work as they dry, it does not mean that there wouldnt be other issues. For an example the bearings in the motors might go bad or some circuit that started working might still fail later on.

Everything dried out and back to life. GPS COMING IN, all modes ok, camera ok, Attitude FPV OK. so far so good. Gimbal seems fine as well. Is there anything I can do to prevent seizure. Wd40 on motors? Oil, glue, paint, cosmic ray guns? Any real help appreciated

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj