Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Join fellow pilots on the largest DJI community and remove Google ads.

DJI Phantom Modifications

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by RamDez, Mar 22, 2014.

1. RamDez

RamDez
    Expand Collapse

Hi Have to say, being new to this, I have been amazed at some of the mods people have made to their Phantoms. The latest one being a big assed camera bolted to the bottom and sticks drilled into the body for legs :lol:

I do applaud people for wanting to push the envelope but I bet DJI are pissing themselves with some of these :geek:

Just my tuppence worth. If you want a bigger drone, go build one.

flame on ;)

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Hiway

Hiway
    Expand Collapse

...and a bargain if your shopping opinions and assholes, 'eh?

I will build a bigger UAV... but I practice on my Phantom. I cannot help it if I was suckered into buying something I outgrew 10min after flying it twice. Ironic considering when people are shopping their first motorcycle I always tell them to buy a small used "mini bike" and then when they get serious to go out and get what they want- I should have probably bought a hubsan or a little Blade with a camera on it.

The rub is, most folks are not indoctrinated into the r/c hobby when they buy a Phantom... they are only seeking something unique to grab pictures from a vantage point; it is through seeking help online that DJI doesn't provide that they discover the world of wild and wonderful whirleybirds without wings.