DJI Phantom GPS Booster

Reaction score
Hi Guy's
Have you seen the sale on e-bay for DJI Phantom GPS Booster. They are going for £8-80 so I thought I would give it a try. By the way I took the fc40 out yesterday (quite windy) and got 10 mins out of the lipo,not sure if that is good or bad.

Simon Newton's review and test were pretty impressive so mine is on the way. At £8.95 + £1 for international postage seems very reasonable to me.

I was impressed by Simon's review so now I have one, and noticed an improvement too. Also saves on all that mucking around with copper sheets and tape which I tried and it looked a right mess. ;)

****, something else I'm going to have to buy :)

Cyclone said:
****, something else I'm going to have to buy :)

Dangerous to your wallet this hobby eh? :D

Electric Warrior said:
Dangerous to your wallet this hobby eh? :D

People on this forum are dangerous to my wallet :D

Booster delivered today. Great service!

Well I got the booster in the post today and went and fitted it and found no difference. Took 50 seconds to get the green light as it has done since I got the Phantom in December. So the test was done in my back garden I will let you all know when I take it out to the field.

Hi to Electric Warrior , you say you found an improvement, how many seconds did it take to get green lights for takeoff. ?????

renagade said:
Well I got the booster in the post today and went and fitted it and found no difference. Took 50 seconds to get the green light as it has done since I got the Phantom in December. So the test was done in my back garden I will let you all know when I take it out to the field.

50 seconds for position fix is excellent.

Because the GPS module was not designed with a long duration back-up battery system it often requires the reloading of the GPS almanac and other data related to the positions of the satellites at start-up. It generally takes about 30-40 seconds for the data to d-load at power up. This is of course after the receiver has itself powered up and begun it's searching.

I received this in the mail the other day and installed. Once I installed I found it was a little harder to get the canopy on. I attenpted to use a hair dryer to "form" the shield but it kept its original form. Is this normal? I did get the top back on but it was just really snug. Due to high winds I haven't had a chance to test it out. I am very impressed with this company and their very fast shipping. I was surprised to get this in about 6 days coming from the UK to the states.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20