DJI Phantom Fpv Problems

Reaction score
I just recently bought an Fpv kit (RC-805, TS-351) and I installed it on my phantom. I left all channel settings on the transmitter alone (All switches up) and I went to go fly it. The video is just fine. The range is great. The phantom is not. Today the phantom found all satellites and I took off about 5ft up. The phantom lost connection from my stock dji remote and went into fail safe. The phantom would flash green lights like it found connection and then lost it. It flew up into the air and landed through failsafe mode. I am a noob at Fpv (first time trying). Do you think I need to change the transmitter channels? Please help!

Assuming you have a Phantom 2? A TS351 is a 5.8Ghz transmitter, and non-Vision series Phantom 2's RC control operates on 2.4Ghz, so those things should not interfere.

Did you make sure the wifi on the GoPro is OFF? Wifi is 2.4Ghz which you may remember from my previous sentence your RC control operates on, so there's a possible frequency conflict there. You simply cannot have the wifi on your gopro on when you fly.

Are you on all the latest firmwares, both the RC (RC Assitant) and the Phantom (Phantom Assistant) ?
With the P2 plugged in to USB and Phantom Assistant running, can you turn on the RC and see the stick movements on the View tab in the Channel Monitor section?

I don't have a phantom 2 just a phantom fc40. The go pro wifi is off. I wish I could get this thing working!

QYV said:
Assuming you have a Phantom 2? A TS351 is a 5.8Ghz transmitter, and non-Vision series Phantom 2's RC control operates on 2.4Ghz, so those things should not interfere.

Did you make sure the wifi on the GoPro is OFF? Wifi is 2.4Ghz which you may remember from my previous sentence your RC control operates on, so there's a possible frequency conflict there. You simply cannot have the wifi on your gopro on when you fly.

Are you on all the latest firmwares, both the RC (RC Assitant) and the Phantom (Phantom Assistant) ?
With the P2 plugged in to USB and Phantom Assistant running, can you turn on the RC and see the stick movements on the View tab in the Channel Monitor section?

I have this guys exact setup but I have a DJI phantom fc40 the one that comes with the little camera.
http://youtu.be/Z-vEsJ3vfkQ

gotcha. Afraid I don't know much about the FC40 I got into the hobby in the P2 series

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic