DJI Phantom FC40 losing control only with accessories

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has an experience with this. My phantom is perfectly well behaved until the other day a bought a cheap gimbal off ebay, fitted it to the phantom fc40, powering it with the extra power cables from the main board then (after a crash ripped the cables out) with the balance cable from the battery as an alternative. When I fly it after maybe a minute the phantom suddenly steeply turns and crashes. It doesnt lose power just becomes unresponsive and veers away from me. This has happened every time I've tried to use it with the gimbal (four times).

When I remove everything the phantom works fine and I don't get any crashes. This even happens when I only attach the gimbal without powering it up. I've flown it a few times with no problems and as a test I taped some spare batteries to the undercarrage to add extra weight, again no problems.

Any suggestions?

Not that anyones replied but if anyones interested I suspect it might not be to do with the gimbal but my mobius cam....

It sounds to me like a compass issue.. I had mine do a flyaway / return a couple of times . Compass dance fixed it .. It would take off go straight up to about 30 feet travel away from me for 100 feet then come on the diagonal straight to the launch site at high speed and crash into the ground . Fortunately this happened in a desert sandhill environment so only bent the gimbal holder brackets..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20