DJI Phantom (Drones) banned from Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me just say this..... I have yet to see the Federal Park Service ever regulate anything if there was not a need to do it. If they feel they had the need it was because of at least one irresponsible drone user who drew attention to the activity and ticked a park ranger off. Drone regulating as a whole will be due to how well we police our own and how we are perceived by John Q Public.

SilentAV8R said:
A couple of other threads already going on this in the General Discussion area, but FWIW, here is a nice review of their action:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gregorymcne ... heir-side/

Yes this article is correct according to a Federal Judge friend of mine (after an experience I had at Cabrillo National Monument). Aircraft are defined as "manned" in 36 CFR, so it doesn't really apply to UAVs. They can of course ban the use of drone locally by passing an ordnance not allowing take offs and landing from the land (they don't have jurisdiction once in the air). But 36 CFR won't do it. Of course it could get expensive going to court over it like Pirker did...

First, moving nukes out of the area. Then, shutting down Seismic data feeds. Now drones. Huh......

2rf90ts.jpg

Existing topic... viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14153

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl