DJI Phantom - can't save COG location

Reaction score
Folks,

Not sure if you tried to set the XYZ values in the "Mounting Location" tab of the Assistant Software, but those numbers keep resetting to 0 after power cycling the quad.

IMU (X/Y/Z) : the values reset to 0 after hitting enter
GPS (X/Y/Z) : Seems to be stored in a volatile memory and they hold until you power cycle the quad.

I believe the center of gravity has changed since adding a tarot2d and a gopro Hero 4, I also pushed the gimbal forward to avoid the propellers. I need to set the Z axis to -2 and the X to 1, but it's driving me crazy as it won't save.

I wonder if DJI assume that we don't change the CoG or it's a simple bug in their software.

Please advice.
Thanks!

If you're trying to change the x/y/z in the assistant software for a phantom 2/vision/vision+ you are looking at the wrong mounting chart. That mounting chart is divided into two parts and for phantom's it is the IMU orientation at the top and has nothing to do with the bottom chart. That why those number always will reset to zero.

jason said:
If you're trying to change the x/y/z in the assistant software for a phantom 2/vision/vision+ you are looking at the wrong mounting chart. That mounting chart is divided into two parts and for phantom's it is the IMU orientation at the top and has nothing to do with the bottom chart. That why those number always will reset to zero.

hmmm... right, I am in the phantom assistant software, the top is for orientation correct, but what about adjusting the center of gravity?

You won't be able to as those two charts are for the placement of the NAZA module. It has nothing to do with placement of you equipment.

jason said:
You won't be able to as those two charts are for the placement of the NAZA module. It has nothing to do with placement of you equipment.

That's a real bummer, as the algorithm is now using a wrong important value (the center of gravity) or maybe not even using it, I understand that it will compensate using other variables like (gyro and accelerometer), but it won't be as efficient as supplying a more accurate Gravity center, I would guess.

And one more note, you can set gps settings, and I believe the values take effect as the flight characteristics change, but u have to do it after every reboot.

No you cannot set GPS settings The x/y/z GPS location on the view page of the P2 assistant software is of no use to anyone and cannot be adjusted.

Hey Jason,
Do you know if we can do that with the P1?

jason said:
No you cannot set GPS settings The x/y/z GPS location on the view page of the P2 assistant software is of no use to anyone and cannot be adjusted.

@Jason, I am not referring to the xyz under view, I am referring to the GPS values under Basic -> Mounting -> Mounting Location, I can adjust them as long at the quad stays on, but they don't persist after power cycle.
To me this looks like a bug, unless the values are not been used by the IMU algorithm

They cannot changed there either. That section of the page does not pertain to the P2 craft. The only the upper section is for P2 craft and the mounting info of where and how the NAZA module is mounted inside the P2. In other word you can't change those settings. It doesn't look like a bug to me but I really think it should have left out of the software as it's really useless.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31