DJI Phantom blades spin in reverse

Reaction score
I just installed a 6V BEC and the X2 Gimbal. All excited to fly but the Phantom won't take off. The blades are spinning in reverse and is actually trying to go into the ground. You can feel the draft from the blades on top of the craft sucking in air from below so it is definetely spinning in reverse. Can my hookup to the gimbal have caused a reversal. Also the software for the Naza assisstant version 2.12 causes my computer to reboot when I pull out the battery of the phantom to reset it.

Any help. I don't want to have to fly the phantom upside to get lift.

xstatic said:
I just installed a 6V BEC and the X2 Gimbal. All excited to fly but the Phantom won't take off. The blades are spinning in reverse and is actually trying to go into the ground. You can feel the draft from the blades on top of the craft sucking in air from below so it is definetely spinning in reverse. Can my hookup to the gimbal have caused a reversal. Also the software for the Naza assisstant version 2.12 causes my computer to reboot when I pull out the battery of the phantom to reset it.

Any help. I don't want to have to fly the phantom upside to get lift.

After you installed your gimbal, when you put the shell back on top, did you make sure it was facing in the right direction? :mrgreen:

if you put it on sideways,. then all the direction arrows will have been reversed!
Doh!! :shock:

That could be it. I will check that out. Will let you know.

99% sure that's it.
you can tell a shell is on the wrong way by looking at the grooves for the red stickers, and the DJI logo on top should be readable as you're facing the front (or back) of the craft.

You were right. It was put on with the shell shifted 90 degrees so the propelor directions were reversed. To the skies and beyond!

Thanks for that!

Doh, This just fixed my issue as well. I have only been trying to fix an issue with my Phantom not taking off for about the last hour. I feel dumb. :lol:

"DJI logo on top should be readable as you're facing the front (or back) of the craft."

Remember the GPS is suppose to be oriented in a particular direction. The DJI logo should be visible when looking from the rear (the LED light facing you). The red bands (or the grooves if you never put on the stickers) are on the front, the side with the battery door.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4