DJI Phantom 4 Weak Image error and poor video after iOS update to DJI Go 2.8.2

Reaction score
This happens several times a minute, if not more often. Happens when the drone is stationary, or in motion. 2 feet away or 2000. Indoors …

Any similar experience?

This shows the issue.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yup there is something definitely wrong in the new update. I had RTH activate 3 times yesterday. I never had this happen before. There needs to be a fix fast. Drone is down till then

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

1be9852c09dabaa169f386c1c3ef5620.jpg

Yes it's a known issue. Someone reported that DJI re-released 2.8.2 (which helped some with video issues and others not) and you should try deleting the app and re-installing it if you haven't already.

I had those issues and deleted and reinstalled 2.8.2 and it did improve but it still has more lag that 2.8.1. There are a couple of threads discussing this issue and there is one in the Phantom Help section that gives instructions on how to downgrade to 2.8.1.

Reactions: zacksomeone
Same here this version go 2.8.2 for IOS iPads not good! Looses video less then 20 feet, choppy and looses connection. 2.8.1 was much better. DJI please fixe this please!!!

I have just STOPPED updating iOs (I was lucky in that I was in iOS 9.3.3 or 2 or whatever it was when I bought my iPad Pro and my Pro came with 9.1 installed which surprised me and I haven't updated that and everything works just fine.

I am DONE with their fixes. Right now, everything works like a charm. 32 channel hack. Pretty much leave it on CH 31 all the time. Never get any issues and my range (all stock) is WAY more than I ever got and WAY WAY WAY more than I need.

I wish I could go back to go 2.8.1 for IOS

Is this possible?

If so, can someone post the DJI 2.8.1 some ware ?

Bestr Regards,
Steve

I have just STOPPED updating iOs (I was lucky in that I was in iOS 9.3.3 or 2 or whatever it was when I bought my iPad Pro and my Pro came with 9.1 installed which surprised me and I haven't updated that and everything works just fine.

I am DONE with their fixes. Right now, everything works like a charm. 32 channel hack. Pretty much leave it on CH 31 all the time. Never get any issues and my range (all stock) is WAY more than I ever got and WAY WAY WAY more than I need.

We are talking about the DJI Go app update, not the iOS update ;)

The 32 channel hack still works on 2.8.2 you just have to re apply it. I would stay on 2.8.1 though. Even the second edition of 2.8.2 is much better than the first, I definitely have far less range and the video feed is average...

Yes, Go app update 2.8.2 and NOT the IOS for Apple devices.

The DJI app only. 2.8.2 is very bad!

And thank you OvT

Most appreciated!

Best regards,
Steve

We are talking about the DJI Go app update, not the iOS update ;)

The 32 channel hack still works on 2.8.2 you just have to re apply it. I would stay on 2.8.1 though. Even the second edition of 2.8.2 is much better than the first, I definitely have far less range and the video feed is average...
I know. I wasn't clear. I am done with firmware, and software updates until it becomes mandatory, including the Go App. Besides, to me the problem is probably a combination of updates that have to happen to iOS and the app which Is why it can't just be fixed easily.

That's great!

Did you upgrade your P4 with the new FW v1.1.410 and try 2.8.3?

I just did but did not fly yest.

Best regards,
Steve

2.8.3 software but didn't update firmware. Flying fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.