DJI Phantom 4 Pro + v01.01.03.00 update

Reaction score
Problems with the new RC Firmware for the P4 Pro +.
After downloading and copying the BIN file to SD card and inserting it into the RC.

The message on the screen is:

Note
Update Package Broken. download again?

There are two options, Cancel and OK.

Pressing OK gives the same message.

Make sure you are tapping the top right corner "local update" should like three dots

I'm having the same issue. I tried going to local update (wants Version V01.01.03.00). When I select local update as suggested above, says no update found and says to copy the downloaded firmware package to the root of the SD card. I was successful in downloading the Phantom 4 Pro 01.03.0418 update but not sure how to install it. When I click on the green bar indicator of the download, it takes me to the Upgrade Firmware page and gives instructions on preparing to update, but no options to begin the update. I have controller connected to drone with a new SD card ready. Suggestions?

I'm having the same issue. I tried going to local update (wants Version V01.01.03.00). When I select local update as suggested above, says no update found and says to copy the downloaded firmware package to the root of the SD card. I was successful in downloading the Phantom 4 Pro 01.03.0418 update but not sure how to install it. When I click on the green bar indicator of the download, it takes me to the Upgrade Firmware page and gives instructions on preparing to update, but no options to begin the update. I have controller connected to drone with a new SD card ready. Suggestions?

Do you have a microSD Card reader hooked up to a computer? You download firmware from DJI on desktop or laptop and move it over to the microSD card and then plug it into controller and do local update.... Also you can just plug your drone into your laptop or desktop and use DJI Assistant.

I downloaded the update to SD card and put it in controller. Tried above steps again and got the same result. The download may be corrupt (will try again) as I'm seeing an error in the file properties (There are some data after the end of the payload data) - using 7zip. Does the bin file go directly to SD or does it need to be unzipped first? Thanks for the response Copy.

I downloaded the update to SD card and put it in controller. Tried above steps again and got the same result. The download may be corrupt (will try again) as I'm seeing an error in the file properties (There are some data after the end of the payload data) - using 7zip. Does the bin file go directly to SD or does it need to be unzipped first? Thanks for the response Copy.
unzipped first, maybe try formatting the SD card?

I found this link helpful as well. I needed to format my SD card. Copied the bin file to SD, inserted in controller and ran update from Settings/Updates and selected local.
Well, I thought I had it, but after it rebooted, I get an error 800, unable to update.Update: Only success I had was to use the accessory convert wire from copter to USB and into far right port (looking from back of controller). It allowed me to download and install successfully. I don't understand why it won't work from SD card, but it's working so I'm moving forward. Thanks for the help, fellas.

Last edited:
Well, I thought I had it, but after it rebooted, I get an error 800, unable to update.Update: Only success I had was to use the accessory convert wire from copter to USB and into far right port (looking from back of controller). It allowed me to download and install successfully. I don't understand why it won't work from SD card, but it's working so I'm moving forward. Thanks for the help, fellas.
I believe Error 800 is because the boot system can't read the sd card. I had to swap my 64Gb ExFat out for a 32Gb Fat32 to get it to complete. Went fine then.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik