DJI Phantom 4 Pro ND Filter Case

Reaction score
Here's a neat tip (I think so anyway) for those of you who have purchased the DJI ND filters for your DJI Phantom 4 Pro but have no case to keep them secure in. So far I haven't been able to find a case for them anywhere. Even DJI doesn't make a case for these ND filters.

So, I went to Amazon.com and purchased an Anbee Lens Filter Case for DJI Phantom 3 or Phantom 4 filters. Now, we all know that the filters for the Phantom 4 Pro are larger in diameter than the earlier Phantom cameras so here's what I did.

First I removed the rubber sheet that holds the filters (it just lifts out). Then I took a 1 3/8" Forstner bit and chucked it into my drill press and carefully aligned the bit over the center of the original hole and drilled down to the bottom of the hole. The 1 3/8" Forstner bit makes the hole the exact size needed for the new DJI Phantom 4 Pro ND Filters.

Here's the link for the filter case on Amazon.com https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IHE9CZ4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and it's only $8.99 with free shipping. It's a great deal and a great case for your new Phantom 4 Pro ND filters.

It took me all of five minutes to do the job and I don't have to worry about my DJI filters being damaged when travelling in my Nanuk hard case.

I hope this helps some of you with this issue.

Photos below.

Bud

Attachments

• Case_1.jpg
    Case_1.jpg
    607.5 KB · Views: 632
  • Case_2.jpg
    Case_2.jpg
    608.7 KB · Views: 667
  • Case_3.jpg
    Case_3.jpg
    738.3 KB · Views: 642
  • Case_4.jpg
    Case_4.jpg
    530.6 KB · Views: 804
  • Case_5.jpg
    Case_5.jpg
    677.1 KB · Views: 649
  • Forstner_Bit.jpg
    Forstner_Bit.jpg
    501.9 KB · Views: 670
Last edited:
Hi BTH
Glad to be of help. I was out flying with a friend yesterday and was using my modified lens case and it works just great. It fits inside my Nanuk 945 case just fine and it's a great way to keep our ND filter lenses safe.

Good luck, and just remember to remove the insert from the case and place it on a piece of wood before you drill the holes out with the Forstner bit. That way it gives it some strong backing to drill against.

Bud

Thanks for sharing. That is exactly what I'm going to do. Cheers.

I just bought the same case for my ps3 and the filters don't fit either. P3s lenses are bigger than other p3 and p4. I don't have a drill or for that matter the drill bit too do this. Is there somewhere I could go to have this done for me like home depot. Or maybe another method that would get the same outcome

Reactions: Matchlock
Thanks, and with respect, at the cost of the DJI Phantom 4 Pro ND filters, that's just not near enough protection for my filters.

Appreciate the correction on the link though.

Bud
Lord knows what you do with them. I carry mine in the mentioned bag within a bag that carries my drone. Anymore protection needed than that I'd probably just throw a Mavic Pro up into the air, have a beer and hope for the best. Respectfully. :p

I just bought the Polar Pro Phantom 4 pro cinema set of 3 filters and they come in a plastic case. Should be OK with a little care in handling. But the case is more robust than the P4P, which I already take care in handling.

Excellent, and I hope all goes well for you.

Bud

I just bought the same case for my ps3 and the filters don't fit either. P3s lenses are bigger than other p3 and p4. I don't have a drill or for that matter the drill bit too do this. Is there somewhere I could go to have this done for me like home depot. Or maybe another method that would get the same outcome

My ND FILTERS and 3-PACK FILTER CASE arrived.
I did a small video unboxing the Shutter Collection ND filters for the P4P featuring the 3-PACK FILTER CASE, which does fit the P4P ND filters, and also the customized gimbal clamp.

Reactions: Brent10

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik