DJI Phantom 4 fall from 500m altitude RAW footage from phone FPV

What is the reason this thing happen on my DJI Phantom 4?

• Vortex Ring State

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Battery Fail

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Electromagnetic Field

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Signal Loss

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Others

Votes: 13 48.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you click the link for youtube he has a longer video from the drone. He claims it just lost signal and came down.
I think it is pilot error, but will let one of these smart guys figure it out. But would like to see the flight data.

The way it was showing props and turning fast suggests it was in sport mode. Don't they come down faster in sport mode.

It's not supposed to happen with the P4, but that looks to me a lot like an uncontrolled rapid VRS descent.

I thought VRS was possible with any UAV. I'm curious as why the P4 is supposed to be immune from VRS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Suhail78
I thought VRS was possible with any UAV. I'm curious as why the P4 is supposed to be immune from VRS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Modifications to the prop angles, more powerful motors, and limited descent speeds was my understanding of how they reduced the likelihood of it happening.

this is not the first flight, maybe around 70th flight.
No modification, no crash at all before, no hard landing, and no error in all previous flight
the batttery is 90% last, also in all prevous flight I run on P-mode and 400M altitude max.
And this is the first time I ascent my bird at 500m altitude and sport mode

so not pilot failure, also I have experienced enough flying a drone, Im a xiro explorer pilot before flying this phantom

here its the footage from the drone
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Your lucky it didn't fall on a car or a person.. Your a douche for flying it in a heavily populated area like that..

Talk about kicking a man when he's down. But then again, I'm actually surprised it took this many thread replies before the name calling began. I don't understand why clowns (me name calling you nicely) feel the need to post useless replies like you did. I'm sure the OP already feels like crap and here you come in to his thread adding insult to injury.

Geez......

Rapid climb to 1500ft in Sport Mode. Over heating a possibility?

So how do you explain the "tumbless" crash? Thanks[/QU

I can't.
Can you?

I can rule some scenarios out IMO.
That's what I did.

I'd say the props were still turning enough to keep it upright, but what could make all 4 motors go at the same time?

I'd say the props were still turning enough to keep it upright, but what could make all 4 motors go at the same time?

There's no way all four went out at the same time. Otherwise that thing would have tumbled down from the sky like a rock.

Wowzers... a few feet to one side and it would have hit a car.

Yeah, that's crazy. I can't imagine what would've happened if that thing would have fallen on someone's car windshield. Thankfully it was in a neighborhood and not on a busy, fast paced highway or interstate.

Talk about kicking a man when he's down. But then again, I'm actually surprised it took this many thread replies before the name calling began. I don't understand why clowns (me name calling you nicely) feel the need to post useless replies like you did. I'm sure the OP already feels like crap and here you come in to his thread adding insult to injury.

Geez......

It's not about kicking while he is down.. It's about being responsible. Sorry for the name calling but it's upsetting to see someone be irresponsible with something that can cause great harm and this is the kind of actions that will get this hobby banned. Most take this hobby seriously and follow the rules and laws. Had that landed on one of your family members you wouldn't be like "aw poor drone pilot.. I hope is drone that almost killed someone is ok" yes it always sucks when your bird malfunctions but knowing that it could happen means being responsible and take some thought and consideration when flying.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It's not about kicking while he is down.. It's about being responsible. Sorry for the name calling but it's upsetting to see someone be irresponsible with something that can cause great harm and this is the kind of actions that will get this hobby banned. Most take this hobby seriously and follow the rules and laws. Had that landed on one of your family members you wouldn't be like "aw poor drone pilot.. I hope is drone that almost killed someone is ok" yes it always sucks when your bird malfunctions but knowing that it could happen means being responsible and take some thought and consideration when flying.

Question for you: have you ever driven a vehicle after one or two beers?
Have you ever, ever used your phone while driving?
Have you ever driven a vehicle lyre when really tired?

Reactions: Jason Porembski
Then none of us should ever fly because there is always the possibility of a malfunction... :rolleyes:

Then none of us should ever fly because there is always the possibility of a malfunction... :rolleyes:

Exactly.

Even malfunctions could happen to the perfect people that only fly in wide open fields in the middle of nowhere. News flash, not all of us live in the middle of nowhere which means we don't have the option of flying in big, wide open areas for miles and miles of disaster free possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers