DJI (Phantom 3) Triumph?

I'm liking the "Point of Interest Lock" which is a feature I've been really wanting to have. Hopefully this "Triumph" is more of a next generation ground station than another Phantom. But it may be both, and my wallet feels uneasy about it.

Phantom Triumph features wishlist
* Automatic compass calibration (happens when engines are fired up or turned on)
* Anti-Collision
* folds up for easy transportation (like the Metro in Montreal),
* Text display on drone and remote instead of cryptic lights
* DropSafe (DJI announced it today for its S800 series)
* 4K video recording on the top of the line model (CONFIRMED) and a 1080p & 10MP still camera on the lowest end of the line.
* Costs $350-$2000 depending on the camera and battery size.
* Flight recorder (for service calls etc.)
* Range extender built into the remote.
* Tablet holder (remote can be split so the tablet is in the middle like the future Bebop drone of Parrot.)

Would like a mini-version for indoor use.

6S battery..?
dang..i just bought an extra p-2 battery..looks like i might have to sell that.
i wonder what the battery difference is?
i really want to know if they have addressed the gps issues.
i have to laugh..i was given a little preview info and told to keep it quiet..and this comes out which is more than i knew.
now the question is will this have bugs to work out and should one wait until they have been out a while before going for the new model?

thumpinhard said:
6S battery..?

A 6S battery probably indicates they will be using a very low KV motor (slower rotational speed per volt) then they use 6S to get the proper rotation speed. If done with correct sized props etc a lower KV motor powered with a battery of more cells (higher voltage) is theoretically more efficient.

CactusJackSlade said:
thumpinhard said:
6S battery..?

A 6S battery probably indicates they will be using a very low KV motor (slower rotational speed per volt) then they use 6S to get the proper rotation speed. If done with correct sized props etc a lower KV motor powered with a battery of more cells (higher voltage) is theoretically more efficient.
thanks for the explanation..i had no idea what the term meant. it sounds like the same idea as running 110v vs. 220.

Apparently it will be a "pro" version, and will also come with official approval for professional use in European !

Noël said:
Anyone here who's got some more info about the "DJI (Phantom 3) Triumph"?

- 6S intelligent Battery
- 4K Camera with 3 axes Gimbal
- Integrated HD Video downlink (Lightbridge)
- Integrated Waypoint (Datalink)
- New Android APP
- Flightrecord

Some screenshots (app):
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lnqr98yua8qj ... icI0gxZnMa

The pictures seem to be gone!!

Of course because they was fake.There is no way to make a phantom like this.If they are going to make a multi rotor like this for sure it is going to be a professional machine like the other large multi rotors (s1000 - s900) and it is going to be very expensive.

yeah..shows empty for me too.
and a website i use every couple of days is gone this morning too..coincidence i am sure.

There's still a large gap between getting a GoPro (or similar) camera in the air and getting a prosumer/DSLR in the air, both in price and experience. If these features are true for the next DJI model it looks like they are trying to shrink that gap some.

gppms said:
Of course because they was fake.There is no way to make a phantom like this.If they are going to make a multi rotor like this for sure it is going to be a professional machine like the other large multi rotors (s1000 - s900) and it is going to be very expensive.

we will see...who knows what they really will be putting out next and exactly when.
all i know is we will likely know before christmas and the camera will better i will bet. personally i can't imagine light bridge on it unless they have like 3 models and that one would be over $2000.
i was looking to buy something..but i am waiting to see what they have…i hate waiting.

Okay.... WTF is she holding??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

dji-cap.jpg

-slinger :?

Oh... Looks like it's just a P2 dressed up for halloween :roll:

dji-cap2.jpg

-slinger

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member