DJI Phantom 3 Standard Wifi

Reaction score
Hi all. Looking forward to cruising the forum. Just bought my first DJI and looking forward to flying it today.
A question....
Is the wifi connection between the RC and the aircraft secure, like is it mac address dependent? I have a bebeop and that's not secure, which means anyone with a stronger signal can over-ride the connection.
Do I need to secure the wifi connection in some way like with a password or something?
Cheers.

Yes, the connection is secure. You must connect the Wi-Fi via a password.

Reactions: Feed The Rat
Thanks msinger. Can I ask, is the wifi password set as 12341234. Because if it is that would mean anyone with a DJI knows the password.....

Thanks msinger. Can I ask, is the wifi password set as 12341234. Because if it is that would mean anyone with a DJI knows the password.....
Welcome to the forum!

Somebody could connect to your Phantom, with there mobile device, but your mobile device is actually connecting to the WiFi of your remote control. So they would have to be really close and connect before you do. I changed the SSID: to "Look Above" :rolleyes:. And the pass to 11223344, I think? Anyways, I right the code on the back of the remote. Also a couple of the RTH settings in Meters. Like 200' = 61 meters, also my name just in case I forget it, no not really.

Some confusing stuff ;)
Question about Radio, uplink, downlink, frequency, & telemetry

Rod

Where do you live again? lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen