DJI Phantom 3 Standard: Litchi Waypoints - Thousand Hills Lake

Reaction score
Litchi Waypoint mission at Thousand Hills Lake. For some reason I'm having problems again with the gimbal pitch. Sometimes it will not tilt down to the POI's. I can't remember how I fixed it before but hope you enjoy the video.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If your Phantom is disconnected from the controller, the gimbal pitch won't function as programmed. This is an issue with the DJI SDK, not Litchi. The camera will point in the correct direction (compass-wise) but the gimbal pitch will remain at the angle it was when you lost contact. (I'm assuming that your Phantom was out of range of the controller (correct me if I'm wrong).

If your Phantom is disconnected from the controller, the gimbal pitch won't function as programmed. This is an issue with the DJI SDK, not Litchi. The camera will point in the correct direction (compass-wise) but the gimbal pitch will remain at the angle it was when you lost contact. (I'm assuming that your Phantom was out of range of the controller (correct me if I'm wrong).

Actually It did no pitches at all after the first one even with signal. All waypoints were set to focus poi. It would turn to the POI direction but no pitch. I'm going to try it again with interpolate. I remember last year or the year before when there use to be a gimbal pitch setting called "Defined". It would pitch even out of range. But now it's only focus poi and interpolate

Reactions: Pharm
Actually It did no pitches at all after the first one even with signal. All waypoints were set to focus poi. It would turn to the POI direction but no pitch. I'm going to try it again with interpolate. I remember last year or the year before when there use to be a gimbal pitch setting called "Defined". It would pitch even out of range. But now it's only focus poi and interpolate
Focus POI should be the correct setting. Interpolate will do the same thing if the angles at waypoints are the same ones calculated by Focus POI. Not sure why you are seeing what you are seeing if you have solid connection. Check your logs to make sure you didn't momentarily lose connection. I've had the app report "mission ended" due to this. Keeps flying the mission but no more gimbal changes. Litchi says this happens if the DJI SDK reports mission ended. Like I said, I've seen this with even a very brief signal dropout (a second or so).

Something else to be mindful of is POI height. It is height AGL with respect to takeoff elevation. So if, for example, a distant POI is well below takeoff point then the gimbal will aim high. Look at the gimbal angles calculated by Focus POI and compare them to what you see to try and discern if they "make sense."

Something else to be mindful of is POI height. It is height AGL with respect to takeoff elevation. So if, for example, a distant POI is well below takeoff point then the gimbal will aim high. Look at the gimbal angles calculated by Focus POI and compare them to what you see to try and discern if they "make sense."

Yea some of those angles are suppose to be straight down. I put poi's close to the route so the pitch should be pointing down. I've had this problem before and I'm not sure what's going on. I just tried it in interpolate and got the same results. Most of the poi's are within range. The only way I fixed it before was about two years ago when there was an additional pitch setting called "defined". I would set all my waypoints to defined and it would pitch all of the poi's. But that setting is missing now. Only focus poi and interpolate.

I'm thinking now that it is an iOS thing. I use to have Android and it worked then. But now I have iPhone. I might try again with my old phone and see what happens.

Reactions: Mozzzza
I'm thinking now that it is an iOS thing. I use to have Android and it worked then. But now I have iPhone. I might try again with my old phone and see what happens.
I use iOS. Works for me.

I use iOS. Works for me.

I just tried again with my android phone and it was working but the pitch is still a little glitchy. I have iPhone 5s but no pitch at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan