DJI Phantom 3 professional and possible damage lens

Reaction score
Hi
I have a DJI phantom 3 that requires some TLC.
I have noticed that there is a foggy halo in the middle of all the images I record and initially I thought it was a simple finger mark but after replacing the filter with a new one i have noticed the problem was still there. There is definitely a very tiny white spot( does not go away) in the middle of the glass lens so was wondering if anyone had encountered this problem and which is the cheapest solution.
I really would like to avoid having to spend hundred of pounds and any advice would be appreciated,

thank you

Marco

What happens if you leave the lens cover off? I assume you have cleaned the lens and filter with some lens cleaning fluid and a soft cloth or lens cleaning device.
We need a picture to see if the coating on the lens is compromised or ??

Reactions: WetDog
I have cleaned both filter and lens with a contact lens fluid but the super tiny circle is still visible on the glass lens.
Look at the attached photo and let me know if you can spot the problem!
any idea how to get rid of it? is it damage glass?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-20 at 14.00.36.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-20 at 14.00.36.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 367
Could be more inside the camera.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
This video show the disassembly of the camera but I would say it need really some skills and care to mount it again.
If it is inside the camera and it is still under warranty, maybe better to return it.

Yes, looks like you have either a smudge on inside of lens or sensor. I would send it in to be replaced or repaired.

thanks for the video, when i touch the surface of the lens i can feel it not 100% smooth that would indicate the glass in chipped! does anyone know if it can be fixed like they do with car windscreens or do i need to replace the entire lens? if so does anyone know a good place close to Bromley where they do drone repair or even better a place where i could by the lens and mount it myself?

Sorry flying4adams you can not repair the glass of the lens :(
If your feeling brave I'm sure there are a lot of good lens out there In the junk pile to swap out with :)
Any idea how it happened? It could just be a piece of the lens coatings in which case DJI would likely warranty it. One would have to look at it with a magnifying glass to get a better determination, unless of course you know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers