DJI Phantom 3 Pro Question

Reaction score
I just got a DJI Phantom # pro, I noticed at the bpttom of my tablet it is showing a map of Berlin, but I live in Montreal ,do I need to do something so that the map shows where I am
Thanks for your help

I just got a DJI Phantom # pro, I noticed at the bpttom of my tablet it is showing a map of Berlin, but I live in Montreal ,do I need to do something so that the map shows where I am
Thanks for your help
HERE maps are from Germany. What I have read in the forum when this question has been asked is that Berlin is where HERE maps default until there is a location input from your mobile device.

Last edited:
HERE maps are from Germany. What I have read in the forum when this question has been asked is that Berlin is where HERE maps default until there is a location input from your mobile device.
Ok So how would I be able to put my location in
Thanks for your help

I don't see in the app map the home point immediately move to the location where I am now but Berlin map
I am trying to figure out how I can see my exact location
Thanks

Connect your tablet to network and try. Clear the cache.

Connect your tablet to network and try. Clear the cache.
Ok It worked but do I need internet service on my tablet to be able to see the map where I am. It worked because I was able to connect wireless to my modem at home where I put everything on.

Or once I am outside some where and calibrate it will find where I am
Thanks for your help

Ok It worked but do I need internet service on my tablet to be able to see the map where I am. It worked because I was able to connect wireless to my modem at home where I put everything on.

Or once I am outside some where and calibrate it will find where I am
Thanks for your help
Maps are optional, but if you choose to use them you will either need internet access at your flying location (via tethering or a direct connection) or simply cache maps in advance while you are home and connected to wifi.

Maps are optional, but if you choose to use them you will either need internet access at your flying location (via tethering or a direct connection) or simply cache maps in advance while you are home and connected to wifi.
So I don't have to use maps just make sure I calibrate every time when I am flying from a new area
Thanks everyone for you help this was good information

So I don't have to use maps just make sure I calibrate every time when I am flying from a new area
Thanks everyone for you help this was good information
No, you don't need maps to calibrate. The two are not related.

If you are talking about calibrating your compass, the generally accepted best known method is to NOT calibrate in every new area unless you happen to be a very significant distance away such as 100 - 200 miles or more.

If you are interested, you can click here for several tips that I often share with new P3P/P3A owners. One of the tips is related to compass calibration with a link to a terrific explanation. Also, perhaps the list will have a few additional useful tidbits for you.

Good luck and happy flying!

Last edited:
No, you don't need maps to calibrate. The two are not related.

If you are talking about calibrating your compass, the generally accepted best known method is to NOT calibrate in every new area unless you happen to be a very significant distance (100 - 200+ miles) away.

If you are interested, you can click here for several tips that I often share with new P3P/P3A owners. One of he tips is related to compass calibration with a link to a terrific explanation. Also, perhaps the list will have a few additional useful tidbits for you.

Good luck and happy flying!
Thanks again see I had the first Phantom model but now picked up a use Phantom 3 pro in new condition so I was reading many items on the internet so try to understand the different features but still had some questions to be asked.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20