DJI phantom 3 pro - odd error notice then crash (photos)

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has seen/dealt with this. Was taking some photos for a marketing piece - very simply 15 min deal. Was in clear air space..... flying still above a Bldg for still photos....

randomly at a few minutes in of flying, received this error (see photo)! I began flying back toward where I was and received the 2nd notice about 10-20 seconds later.... immediately following the second error... crash and burn.

Any ideas??! The thing is totaled now.

433b8918dd7b5b17a42f1190c5d5898a.jpg
726f27226b8d1a1ff4439643038b95ab.jpg

It would be better with your log files, but if you were in clean air with a motor obstruction this could indicate a motor seizure, bearing failure. Why is your left stick full left and down?

Reactions: forshiggles
Mine is showing same error messages and i found a melted motor mount under one ccw motor. I think mine had bad berring causing ti heat up and quit. Just gussing.

Motor failure. The first warning is when the software detected that the motor was putting out a lot to maintain. The second was when the motor self destructed.
Usually it's a bearing failure or a foreign object in the motor casing.

I had a motor start to feel slightly harder to turn then the others and a tiny crack under the shell. I sent it to DJI. Got it back with a new shell and two new motors. Glad I sent it in. I hope you can get it repaired or replaced with a referb.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31