Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

DJI phantom 3 pro - odd error notice then crash (photos)

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Benzino05, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Benzino05

Just curious if anyone has seen/dealt with this. Was taking some photos for a marketing piece - very simply 15 min deal. Was in clear air space..... flying still above a Bldg for still photos....

randomly at a few minutes in of flying, received this error (see photo)! I began flying back toward where I was and received the 2nd notice about 10-20 seconds later.... immediately following the second error... crash and burn.

Any ideas??! The thing is totaled now.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Erised

It would be better with your log files, but if you were in clean air with a motor obstruction this could indicate a motor seizure, bearing failure. Why is your left stick full left and down?

forshiggles likes this.
  3. randyvanscoy

Mine is showing same error messages and i found a melted motor mount under one ccw motor. I think mine had bad berring causing ti heat up and quit. Just gussing.

4. Tyson

5. HWCM

Motor failure. The first warning is when the software detected that the motor was putting out a lot to maintain. The second was when the motor self destructed.
    Usually it's a bearing failure or a foreign object in the motor casing.

6. Lifted Chevy

I had a motor start to feel slightly harder to turn then the others and a tiny crack under the shell. I sent it to DJI. Got it back with a new shell and two new motors. Glad I sent it in. I hope you can get it repaired or replaced with a referb.