DJI Phantom 3 New Firmware 1.3.20 & DJI GO Are the Problems Fixed ?

Reaction score
Just watch a video with some positive upgrade info--
If you have already seen it-- disregard-- but if you haven't, it has more info that the DJI release info.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

For me, using Samsung Tab Pro, not a **** thing has changed. The same problems I had before, I still have. The same shortcomings of before are still here.

I wonder when DJI will push the real deal firmware with full SDK so we can easily ditch GO entirely and get the promised features as well. (POI, follow me, etc)

For me, using Samsung Tab Pro, not a **** thing has changed. The same problems I had before, I still have. The same shortcomings of before are still here.

I wonder when DJI will push the real deal firmware with full SDK so we can easily ditch GO entirely and get the promised features as well. (POI, follow me, etc)

I think we are getting close----they had to redo the Pilot app to make if compliant with all firmware changes they were having to make for SDK. Otherwise, the SDK developers would die on the vine.
They also made updating the controller a thing of the past, because it will now be automatically update when the app is updated. That will probably apply to 3rd party apps also.

90 days into the P3, things have just started changing for the good--- one big problem is the number of android tablet devices and phones on the market that have to work with the Phantom. The android list is relatively extensive and the android "standards" are not standards at all. So any changes may affect different devices differently.

Have to give them credit. New high tech drone with great range and the beta testing was borne by the Phantom community. Pretty brilliant in business terms. They didn't have to search or hire beta testers as there were about 500,000 out there the first month that jumped all over the opportunity to fly this bird regardless of the risk of loss.

Reactions: Buk
I think we are getting close----they had to redo the Pilot app to make if compliant with all firmware changes they were having to make for SDK. Otherwise, the SDK developers would die on the vine.
They also made updating the controller a thing of the past, because it will now be automatically update when the app is updated. That will probably apply to 3rd party apps also.

90 days into the P3, things have just started changing for the good--- one big problem is the number of android tablet devices and phones on the market that have to work with the Phantom. The android list is relatively extensive and the android "standards" are not standards at all. So any changes may affect different devices differently.

Have to give them credit. New high tech drone with great range and the beta testing was borne by the Phantom community. Pretty brilliant in business terms. They didn't have to search or hire beta testers as there were about 500,000 out there the first month that jumped all over the opportunity to fly this bird regardless of the risk of loss.

So users that received the first batch of P3P's can be called Official DJI Beta Testers? Neat ;)
The Android side is different correct 100% and for the most part the Major Players in the Android field have been addressed and targeted. If someone runs out to Walmart and buy's a $30.00 Android thinking it will work it won't. SO Tablets and Phones on Android should level out with specification requirements to whittle even more off the list. AT Maturity some available devices will also stop meeting requirements with age as well.

And as Bob correctly points out that everything is melding into a complete cross platform making delivery that much easier for the user end. And faster squashing of bugs and tweaks.
Some will reject the moves and that is normal behavior on the user end, look at it in the Windows form did you upgrade to Win10? 8? 8.1? or are you on Win7? or better yet XP? ;)

I like bEte Tester pHantOmS for Short ( ETHOS ) the distinguishing character, sentiment, moral nature, or guiding beliefs of a person, group, or institution;
:)

Reactions: bobmyers
Sorry to high jack the thread, wanted to know is it worth updating to 1.3.20?

My P3A is flying faultless without any issues (touch wood I don't jinx myself lol).

The only issue I'm having is the stupid DJI GO app crashing at the end of a flight and having the red firmware upgrade message (which is not a biggie but annoying when you first start the app)

I live by the motto 'If it ain't broke don't fix it', just wanted to know if 1.3.20 is worth it and if all the issues have been resolved.

Thanks in advance

My P3A is flying faultless without any issues (touch wood I don't jinx myself lol).

The only issue I'm having is the stupid DJI GO app crashing at the end of a flight and having the red firmware upgrade message (which is not a biggie but annoying when you first start the app)

I live by the motto 'If it ain't broke don't fix it', just wanted to know if 1.3.20 is worth it and if all the issues have been resolved.

Thanks in advance

Nope all the issues have not been resolved....
and truthfully they will never be.
BUT! They will be fixed much quicker.

Thanks in advance

I was on the same wavelink until my IPAD updated my app automatically, then I started getting messages that said controller needs updating, phantom needs updating and batteries need updating. And then, the message, Go app automatically updates firmware in controller. So upon the advice of several on this forum, I decided to update the firmware on the controller. Did that --- upgrade worked fine, but when the RC and app were powered, it would connect and after 5 seconds lose connection with the P 3. Cant fly that way..
Next step-- update the P3.. walked thru that process without any hiccups --,,, and now it will connect and stay connected. Cycled all the batteries and now everything is 1.3.2. Everything checks out on the bench-- going to fly this afternoon, but based on reports of others, I don't expect any major issues.
Long story short-- the controller and app cannot connect to the P3 still running 1.1.9. And those running the 300B transmitter, have no choice, once the app is updated, the controller will be updated and then the fireworks starts-- 1.3.2 trying to hold a connection with 1.1.9.

As long as you are not having connection issues, then you should be ok, but as the app evolves, you wont be able to take advantage of some of the new features under 1.1.9.

Thanks in advance

I don't have yet my P3P, (I hope in few days I will), so I'm wondering if it is possible to return to a previous version of firmware if newer is worst.

Eddie

After several days of flying, I've had no issues at all with the newest app and firmware (even the mysterious 1.4 for Android users with the A-model RC). From reading various posts here, it seems that they have fixed several previous issues. Those who had mobile-device issues still have some of them, but those seem to be device-dependent.

I like envisionabove's comment "... and truthfully they [all issues] will never be [fixed]." This is not military- or industrial-grade machinery. During the early days of PCs, every OS upgrade fixed one thing and broke three more. But we loved them and stuck with it!

Go flying. Take great pictures!! :)

I don't have yet my P3P, (I hope in few days I will), so I'm wondering if it is possible to return to a previous version of firmware if newer is worst.

Eddie
Yes

Nope all the issues have not been resolved....
and truthfully they will never be.
BUT! They will be fixed much quicker.

So what issue's still remain?

I'm on firmware 1.1.9 and my P3 flies fine, just annoyed at the fact the DJI Go app still bugs out.

I was on the same wavelink until my IPAD updated my app automatically, then I started getting messages that said controller needs updating, phantom needs updating and batteries need updating. And then, the message, Go app automatically updates firmware in controller. So upon the advice of several on this forum, I decided to update the firmware on the controller. Did that --- upgrade worked fine, but when the RC and app were powered, it would connect and after 5 seconds lose connection with the P 3. Cant fly that way..
Next step-- update the P3.. walked thru that process without any hiccups --,,, and now it will connect and stay connected. Cycled all the batteries and now everything is 1.3.2. Everything checks out on the bench-- going to fly this afternoon, but based on reports of others, I don't expect any major issues.
Long story short-- the controller and app cannot connect to the P3 still running 1.1.9. And those running the 300B transmitter, have no choice, once the app is updated, the controller will be updated and then the fireworks starts-- 1.3.2 trying to hold a connection with 1.1.9.

As long as you are not having connection issues, then you should be ok, but as the app evolves, you wont be able to take advantage of some of the new features under 1.1.9.

So are you saying the app automatically updates the P3 Controller o_O ?

How do I check firmware of the controller?

I would also like to know what they fixed?

Last edited:
So are you saying the app automatically updates the P3 Controller o_O ?

How do I check firmware of the controller?

I would also like to know what they fixed?

There are 2 versions of the controller. One of them updates via tablet, and one of them does not.

I had to update via memory stick, which in all honesty is not a big deal. You need to be near a computer, but if Firmware is being pushed out you need to be near a computer to update the Phantom anyway.

There are 2 versions of the controller. One of them updates via tablet, and one of them does not.

I had to update via memory stick, which in all honesty is not a big deal. You need to be near a computer, but if Firmware is being pushed out you need to be near a computer to update the Phantom anyway.

I have the 300B controller, am I safe?

Lol I don't want to upgrade the firmware as my P3 is flying fine without issues.

Eddie

My understanding is you can revert the aircraft but not the controller. My P3A and controller are waiting at DJI repair facility because 1.3.2 bricked my GL300A, despite precise following of instructions and result files saying "success" for both aircraft and controller.

Eddie

My understanding is you can revert the aircraft but not the controller. My P3A and controller are waiting at DJI repair facility because 1.3.2 bricked my GL300A, despite precise following of instructions and result files saying "success" for both aircraft and controller.
You cant revert the controller since DJI GO-- I believe that the firmware was intentionally designed to be that way. Don't be afraid of the upgrade 1.3.2.. there are some that have encountered problems with this upgrade, but the majority of the folks have gone thru it without any hitches. Depending on when yours shipped, you may not even have to up grade. With the most recent, the DJI GO app will automatically update the controller when you attached your device to the controller the first time.

I have the 300B controller, am I safe?

Lol I don't want to upgrade the firmware as my P3 is flying fine without issues.
if you are flying DJI GO app, your 300 B controller will probably automatically update to 1.3.2. Then you probably start having connection issues with 1.1.9 on if that is what is on the aircraft. Happened to me, so I updated aircraft and everything works well now.

if you are flying DJI GO app, your 300 B controller will probably automatically update to 1.3.2. Then you probably start having connection issues with 1.1.9 on if that is what is on the aircraft. Happened to me, so I updated aircraft and everything works well now.

I flew last night and saw the DJI GO still telling me to update the controller, P3 and batteries.

I'm guessing it has not updated my controller? (Correct me if I'm wrong)

1.1.9 is good for me and dont really want to update to 1.3.20.

Have you encountered any issues with 1.3.20?

I also just realised that with 1.3.20 you can revert back to firmware 1.1.9 on the P3 and that the controller cant have its firmware reverted, so my thoughts are I should not get any connection issues since DJI inplemented it themselves for the 1.3.20 controller to work with the reverted back 1.1.9 P3 frimware?

Last edited:
I have test latest FW and DJI GO with my P3A. I have use Nvidia Shield LTE, Sony Xperia Z3 Compact(phone) and Sony Xperia Z3 Compact(tablet). All of these state of the art tablets has same typical Android issues. I am quite sure, you can not get same video quality, comparing to IOS. DJI has a lot of work to get Android to same level with IOS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31