DJI Phantom 3 Leaked Info

Reaction score
NEW DJI PHANTOM 3 DETAILS LEAKED

The past 24 hours have been really exciting! A pretty sizable amount of confirmed information has landed surrounding the imminent launch of the DJI Phantom 3 Series aircraft. Here's what we know:

Expect the aircraft to be an "evolution" of the Phantom 2 Vision+. Early teasers have been hinting at this quite well, but we now know that the Phantom 3 will be both exciting and new, as well as a progression of the iconic Phantom that we know and love. DJI's new Phantom 3 will visually appear similar to that of the Vision+ but under the hood is where things get really interesting.

The Optical-Flow and Ultrasonic Sensor System found on the recently released Inspire 1 has officially nestled itself onto all Phantom 3 Series models. That's right... model-s!

The Phantom 3 is truly a series of aircraft with at least two distinct models to choose from; the lower-end being a 1080p system with built-in Lightbridge, and a 4K variety including the same. All models will be inclusive of a DJI integrated camera/gimbal much like (but larger than) the Vision +. There is perhaps a third aircraft in the category, but details are sparse.

What we do know is that the Inspire 1's Lightbridge-integrated, GPS-powered radio transmitter has come to the Phantom 3 Series, and you'll be flying through that same awesome DJI Pilot App that powers the Inspire 1's amazing controllability.

In order to facilitate these new upgrades, the NAZA controller has likely been upgraded, and higher-capacity batteries are probably on the way as well. We hope that the aircraft will still allow the use of our Phantom 2 batteries, but that remains to be seen tomorrow.

Expect a mid-May delivery date with prices ranging between $1,200 and $2,000.

BTW, this was a quote from a "UAV-Direct" email. In my personal opinion, I wouldnt have sent that if I were them. It gives DJI an easy way to ban them from selling Phantoms which is probably 70% of their revenue. But they can do as they like, they don't pay me for my opinion :)

BTW, this was a quote from a "UAV-Direct" email. In my personal opinion, I wouldnt have sent that if I were them. It gives DJI an easy way to ban them from selling Phantoms which is probably 70% of their revenue. But they can do as they like, they don't pay me for my opinion :)
Not really a leak by them, that info is all over the other forums since last night... and photos. Sounds like they just wrote some speculations like they did about the triumh that never showed up. I didn't read anything I didn't already know... Except for that new 3DR... Saw the video, loles to cool!

I doubt anyone truly interested will forego the announcement(s) because it's been 'scooped' on a chat forum or YouTube, etc.

There's no facts until the media event so... no harm, no foul?

Yeah, but dealers signed the NDA I believe. I know for sure their employees do. That means DJI can sue them for damages. So every sale DJI thinks they lost from them they can sue for. Could be hundreds of thousands.

So every sale DJI thinks they lost from them they can sue for. Could be hundreds of thousands.
Hard to see how a few leaks a day early could lose sales.
And harder to see how they could prove sales were lost.
Hmm .. I was going to buy the new Phantom 3, but because I saw some details just before the official launch I think I'll pass ??? That's not going to happen.
It's all good publicity and just makes those that arekeen even more interested.

Hard to see how a few leaks a day early could lose sales.
And harder to see how they could prove sales were lost.
Hmm .. I was going to buy the new Phantom 3, but because I saw some details just before the official launch I think I'll pass ??? That's not going to happen.
It's all good publicity and just makes those that arekeen even more interested.
They would loose sales based on their live event. They planned on unveiling it live and they could prove that they believed if a user saw the P3 for the first time, they are more likely to buy right away. Either way, lawyers love this stuff.

They would loose sales based on their live event. They planned on unveiling it live and they could prove that they believed if a user saw the P3 for the first time, they are more likely to buy right away. Either way, lawyers love this stuff.

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
I agree... signing the contract may mean you _cannot_ release the information. So that burden of proof is easy to see. That will get you in the door of a court and a big attorney bill. At that point you've already lost as it's going to cost somewhere around $20,000 minimum to defend yourself. You can then feel free to argue against damages all you want. But the money has been spent.

Reactions: Jacob
Don't be such a fecking spoil sport. They aren't going to lose a penny in sales. What about the dji employee who took the pics and they were supposedly leaked??? Companies do this play acting all the time. Don't tell anyone I told ya but the new phantom is going to be released and they send this email to hundreds of dealers knowing it would be leaked. Jacob it really sounds like sour grapes for some reason on your part or if not you love to live life by the rules. Speculation like this has already built sales for dji so stop whining and spill any beans you may have ;)

In order to maintain a good relationship with DJI, for the benefit of the forum, I will keep my comments to myself until the live event. Trust me, its for the good of the forum. I want to continue to partner with them for giveaways, etc.

Dji seem to easily scare a lot of people. What do we care that you give a phantom away every once in a while between how many thousand members. you are obviously benefiting a lot more than us out of whatever deal you have with dji. Id have more respect if you told us what you know and don't be putting down someone who is excited to share what's going on with us. We're gonna spend our hard earned cash on the next new gadget anyways

That means DJI can sue them for damages. So every sale DJI thinks they lost from them they can sue for.
No, every sale they can PROVE they lost they can sue for. Thinking they lost a sale won't get it, they have to be able to prove to a jury they lost a sale. Being able to prove it isn't always easy.

NEW DJI PHANTOM 3 DETAILS LEAKED

The past 24 hours have been really exciting! A pretty sizable amount of confirmed information has landed surrounding the imminent launch of the DJI Phantom 3 Series aircraft. Here's what we know:

Expect the aircraft to be an "evolution" of the Phantom 2 Vision+. Early teasers have been hinting at this quite well, but we now know that the Phantom 3 will be both exciting and new, as well as a progression of the iconic Phantom that we know and love. DJI's new Phantom 3 will visually appear similar to that of the Vision+ but under the hood is where things get really interesting.

The Optical-Flow and Ultrasonic Sensor System found on the recently released Inspire 1 has officially nestled itself onto all Phantom 3 Series models. That's right... model-s!

The Phantom 3 is truly a series of aircraft with at least two distinct models to choose from; the lower-end being a 1080p system with built-in Lightbridge, and a 4K variety including the same. All models will be inclusive of a DJI integrated camera/gimbal much like (but larger than) the Vision +. There is perhaps a third aircraft in the category, but details are sparse.

What we do know is that the Inspire 1's Lightbridge-integrated, GPS-powered radio transmitter has come to the Phantom 3 Series, and you'll be flying through that same awesome DJI Pilot App that powers the Inspire 1's amazing controllability.

In order to facilitate these new upgrades, the NAZA controller has likely been upgraded, and higher-capacity batteries are probably on the way as well. We hope that the aircraft will still allow the use of our Phantom 2 batteries, but that remains to be seen tomorrow.

Expect a mid-May delivery date with prices ranging between $1,200 and $2,000.

They seem to think some sort of incorporated lightbridge system like me all so, so many on here don't for some reason. If that controller was for the P3 and i think being white it was then its not just a controller that looks like the inspires controller, its a controller with some sort of built in lightbridge system with the 2 antennas and plug ins for mobile and tablet devices and i really hope i am correct with this and others are wrong. 9 hours and counting

I doubt anyone truly interested will forego the announcement(s) because it's been 'scooped' on a chat forum or YouTube, etc.

There's no facts until the media event so... no harm, no foul?
Most facts are already leaked from two spy photos and DJI himself because the P3 is clearly seen in the DJI pilot App. So there are no "scooped" informations from youtube or whatever. Now the only thing we dont know are the specs in detail. But we know the P3 is basically a Phantom2 Vision+ with an updated camera and ultrasonic sensor at the bottomside. Looks nearly identical to the P2.

Most facts are already leaked from two spy photos and DJI himself because the P3 is clearly seen in the DJI pilot App. So there are no "scooped" informations from youtube or whatever. Now the only thing we dont know are the specs in detail. But we know the P3 is basically a Phantom2 Vision+ with an updated camera and ultrasonic sensor at the bottomside. Looks nearly identical to the P2.

Those controller antennas are the same as the Inspire and the app is the DJI Pilot app from the Inspire, already available in the App Store. So HD FPV @ 720p like the Inspire is pretty much a given.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.