DJI Phantom 3 Gimbal Problem

Reaction score
I crashed my P3P from about 20 ft up (Hit the corner of a building) It scuffed up the blades, (replaced them) gaped the shell in one spot, (fixed it) and it gaped the gimbal arm a little. The gimbal saver i have on it kept it from coming completely off and kept the ribbon from breaking. I pressed it back together and the camera works fine. The only problem I'm having is the gimbal won't stay calibrated. When I start it up the camera is at a severe angle, So I go into (Auto Calibrate Gimbal) and it levels out and then i tweaked it with (Adjust gimbal roll). After that I do a (IMU Calibration), and everything is working great. Took it out, flew it around, videoed so stuff, then landed it. The next time I start it up the same thing happens with the camera having a severe tilt. It won't hold the gimbal calibration. :(

I recently went through a similar crash. At first I thought the only thing that ended up bad was the rotors. After a couple of days I noticed that the gimbal arm had a slight tilt to it when "at attention." The arm had been bent a little, just enough to throw off the camera but everything else seemed to work fine. Check your gimbal yaw are. It should be nice and straight when powered up. If it is not it is a rather easy and inexpensive fix.

I recently went through a similar crash. At first I thought the only thing that ended up bad was the rotors. After a couple of days I noticed that the gimbal arm had a slight tilt to it when "at attention." The arm had been bent a little, just enough to throw off the camera but everything else seemed to work fine. Check your gimbal yaw are. It should be nice and straight when powered up. If it is not it is a rather easy and inexpensive fix.
Not sure what you mean by Gimbal yaw?

Not sure what you mean by Gimbal yaw?
It is the thin arm that hangs down behind the camera.

upload_2016-8-16_17-5-30.png

There is a magnet around that shaft that tells the arm position. I bet it has come loose or broken. It is a magnetic ring with polarities on opposite sides? something odd like that.

This fixed it! :)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: HWCM

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic