DJI Phantom 3 Distance Test | Professional

You guys are going to get find in the end. Most countries are coming out with stricter laws and will find the laws governing fpv basically the same in most places

Fpv you need a spotter and must be within line of sight and 2km+ is well out of line of sight. You guys better watch what your publishing. What your doing with strict ruling will be illegal and have the authorities knocking at your door with a heavy fine.

Think your all foolish publishing this kind of activity.

You guys are letting the author is your breaking the law and posting evidence of your illegal activity. When the strict rules come in they are going to dish out fines to you.

Your not being smart at all but stupid.

If your going to do this type or illegal practice then don't publish it.

Dude there is nothing wrong flying out of sight. [Moderator edit: Offensive remarks removed and poster warned.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice video. Here's one of mine that was my record at the time, a hair over 16,000'. This is completely stock with no loss of control or video, flying at 130m. I did another flight the same distance at 40m up and others have gone further without modifications.

Back to the topic at hand... how did you get those overlays on your video?!

Sorry didn't see the question. Yes dashware. You take the .txt file from your tablet, upload to Litchi and download .csv in Flytrex format. Dashware inhales that with you video and does the overlay. Dashware is now free and works well, in 1080 at least

Reactions: david wettlaufer
On the distance front now I've added a "windsurfer" passive antenna booster (free if you diy or $25 or less if you get someone to print you one). 5 bars control and video solid at over 20000'. Completely battery limited now in areas with like interference. Lots of threads here about that.

Reactions: david wettlaufer
Not only are you wrong, you can't even say it nicely.

FAA makes regulations which are enforced by the law. Disobey them at your own cost.

Who is this guy? Ian... You should go out and fly more... Worry less.

Sorry didn't see the question. Yes dashware. You take the .txt file from your tablet, upload to Litchi and download .csv in Flytrex format. Dashware inhales that with you video and does the overlay. Dashware is now free and works well, in 1080 at least
Is that only for Android?

Seriously? I think you mean guidelines. Go out and have some fun.

Buzzz, I'm sorry wrong answer, but keep trying to make up your own rules. The FAA regulates civil airspace, so unless you happen to be on a military base, the space your Phantom is flying in is regulated in the US by the FAA.

Buzzz, I'm sorry wrong answer, but keep trying to make up your own rules. The FAA regulates civil airspace, so unless you happen to be on a military base, the space your Phantom is flying in is regulated in the US by the FAA.

Please post a link to the law. Yep.

Looking for a link on this still buzzboy... please show us where this 'rule' is documented.

Well it shows your all turning a blind eye to what's coming. Nothing wrong with long range, don't brag and boast about it, your helping put another nail in the coffin, just like many go beyond 400 feet and don't think anything will happen. The FAA ' S aim is to get our hobby band and your giving them more ammunition to ban us outright.

In Australia and New Zealand that I know of a fee August 1st you cannot legally fly fpv without a spotter and out of sight long range FPV is totally illegal si risking heavy fines.

I think you need to look into your Countries laws propose else you could be risking fines. Surely you all must know this year laws get much stricter for us all.

I am not saying don't do it, but don't boast and brag about it online. Depending on where you live you could be of soon to be at risk from the authorities.

Everyone just turns a blind eye, and think nothing will happen. Typical attitude today.

Hey sport, ever heard of ex post facto law? You can't be tried for something previously legal.

That's right ! You can only break a law if there is already an established law in place ! The Authorities CAN NOT issue fines for an activity that happened prior to the implementation of the law ! So that ACTION would be an illegal act coming from the Authorities towards the Drone pilot.

That's right ! You can only break a law if there is already an established law in place ! The Authorities CAN NOT issue fines for an activity that happened prior to the implementation of the law ! So that ACTION would be an illegal act coming from the Authorities towards the Drone pilot.

And it would only follow... that since we know it's coming... might as well have some fun with it.... the dam already broke, so to speak.

If it knew the fine would be death by hanging if I drove over 150 mph beginning October 30th, 2015... I would do everything I could to pad my bank account so that I could pay daily fines for doing that speed up until that date. (of course while not putting other people's lives at risk, out in the desert, between 11PM and 5AM...)

I don't post my video's though... so I'm not the problem. And I'm pretty stealth! o_O

I am pretty sure in most countries it's line of sight flying only, so technically they could have you on wreck less flying. A mile or 1 km is way beyond line of sight.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub