DJI Phantom 3 charging hub, anyone?

Reaction score
I've been having a great time with my P3P, since I bought two extra batteries and a iPad Mini 2.
But the down time for charging three batteries takes forever.

DJI have this battery charging hub, but (as usual) information is next to nothing.
Price is also steep (99 €), but I'd be willing to give it a chance, if the charging time for multiple batteries could be reduced down to 1 hour.

Buy Phantom 3 - Battery Charging Hub | DJI Store

large_685B4847.jpg

Anyone has one of these, can it be recommended?
How long does it take to charge three (max four) batteries?

You do know that it only charges 1battery at a time right? Plug in up,to 4 batteries , it will charge 1at a time starting with the least discharged battery first , then next etc.
time savings in that you don't need to be aware of when each is done to swap to next.

Reactions: Luis Costa
I have one and love it, it seems to go back and forth between batteries but it is faster than doing it one at a time for sure.

Funny that you mentioned the hub.

I don't care that it charges 4 batteries 1 at a time but I need to get myself 1.

I'm on the process of charging 4 batteries, just finished charging 1 and 2nd on charge as I type.

Time is now 01:10 and all I want to do is go to bed but want to make sure all 4 batteries are fully charged too, so I think I'm going to pull the trigger and order the hub rite now lol

Funny that you mentioned the hub.

I don't care that it charges 4 batteries 1 at a time but I need to get myself 1.

I'm on the process of charging 4 batteries, just finished charging 1 and 2nd on charge as I type.

Time is now 01:10 and all I want to do is go to bed but want to make sure all 4 batteries are fully charged too, so I think I'm going to pull the trigger and order the hub rite now lol

Yeah, it sure is liberating, freeing us from the battery charger swapping.
But for 99€, I would expect a little more.

Yeah, it sure is liberating, freeing us from the battery charger swapping.
But for 99€, I would expect a little more.

Luis, a little more from whom? DJI?

Now, if DJI made a hub that charges all 4 batteries together at the same time, then I'm pretty sure the price tag for that hub would of been near the triple figure mark lol

Lets just be happy with what they gave us as it is an astonishing machinary/quad/drone lol

Yes, I agree the drone is amazing for the money, but that multi-charger from ebay costs 10€, and it apparently does the same as the DJI 99€ one.

I've been having a great time with my P3P, since I bought two extra batteries and a iPad Mini 2.

DJI have this battery charging hub, but (as usual) information is next to nothing.
Price is also steep (99 €), but I'd be willing to give it a chance, if the charging time for multiple batteries could be reduced down to 1 hour.

large_685B4847.jpg

There are others available -- I have one blue charger from china that charges 3 at one time and takes about an hour-- I would post the like -- but I don't have it with me and am out of town today-- search the forum for battery chargers the posts will turn up there.. I will try to look it up and post it again.

My question on that one would be-is it safe? How much power does it draw and does it have a circuit breaker?

There are others available -- I have one blue charger from china that charges 3 at one time and takes about an hour-- I would post the like -- but I don't have it with me and am out of town today-- search the forum for battery chargers the posts will turn up there.. I will try to look it up and post it again.

That would be great!
I'd appreciate if you could help me with a link for that product.

Of course I can not expect the same quality build and electric security from a third party cheap product.

That charging hub uses DJI's own charger. Anyone know if it gets hot while charging 3 batteries? I really would be concerned that it would pull more juice than the DJI charger is rated for.

That charging hub uses DJI's own charger. Anyone know if it gets hot while charging 3 batteries? I really would be concerned that it would pull more juice than the DJI charger is rated for.

That's a pretty valid concern.
The user manual specifies clearly that charging both a battery and the RC at the same time should be avoided, because it can overheat the charger.

That's a pretty valid concern.
The user manual specifies clearly that charging both a battery and the RC at the same time should be avoided, because it can overheat the charger.

I would also order the 180w version of the DJI charger if your too concerned.

large_685B4847.jpg

Give this one a try-- works great and you can charge 3 batteries and the transmitter at the same time--- about and hour for 3 batteries.
Multi P3 Battery Charger - Any Real Tested Solutions...?

I have dji hub. It work great. It charge batt one by one if you have 3 batt so charging time would be 3 hours. It really great product.

Reactions: acherman
I agree - if charging in parallel is what you want, get that blue one. If series charging unattended is your goal, the DJI hub is awesome. I love mine, but I am considering getting the blue multi charger.

I would also order the 180w version of the DJI charger if your too concerned.
The 180W is for the I1 batteries - wrong voltage and connector, unless you want to hack it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie