Dji phantom 3 advanced and micro card

And @Sinisalo 20MBps is NOT the same as the 60Mbps that noodle said. 20MBps is about 160Mbps. THAT is why your card works with the P3P, no other reason.

EDIT: Just refreshed, sorry, Noodle already said what I did lol

Sinsalo please chill. No need to kill someone over your MB / Mb confusion

Yes. It'll work just fine. It writes at 20MBps/160mbps, so about 2 2/3 times what you need!

I also just noticed that @Sinisalo 's microSD is UHS-1 anyway so no clue why he was going on about a C10 card :confused:

Get your freaking megabits per second and megabytes per second correct!!!

That Samsung EVO+ has maximum 20 megabytes per second write speed, which multiply by 8 equal to 160 megabits per second.
P3P has maximum video bitrate of 60 megabits per second, which is 7.5 megabytes per second.

:rolleyes:
Either way it does not change the fact that the phantom 3 pro only requires a class 10 micro sd card, nothing more. If you check, to be classified as a class 10 card you only need 10Megabytes per second write speed so essentially you proved me right that you only need a class 10 card because the P3P only writes at 7.5megabytes per second according to you.

but you said 10Mbps NOT 10 MBps. 10 MBps is 80 Mbps.

I also just noticed that @Sinisalo 's microSD is UHS-1 anyway so no clue why he was going on about a C10 card :confused:
Class 10 and UHS-1 are the same thing:

SD Rating.jpg

Source: Speed Class - SD Association

No, not any class 10 card.

I specifically said SOME C10 cards. Class 10 starts at 10MBps. Some C10 cards were made with write speeds higher than 10MBps, but are not called UHS-1 for whatever reason. I never said that C10 cards won't work.
ANY class 10 card will work, it doesn't matter if it is the lowest class 10 or not ANY class 10 will work PERIOD.

but you said 10Mbps NOT 10 MBps. 10 MBps is 80 Mbps.
My point in the whole conversation is that ANY class 10 card will work regardless of any typo, your statement was not a typo but you were spreading mis-information.

Then why is my class 10 Samsung card too slow? Like I have said, not all class 10 card is created equally. Theoretically all class 10 cards should be able to handle 60Mbps video recording, but in reality they don't. Which is why your statement of ALL class 10 cards have no problem with P3P's 4K video is wrong. You can't even tell the difference between bit and byte, and you still want to argue here. What a joke :rolleyes:

Last edited:
My point in the whole conversation is that ANY class 10 card will work regardless of any typo, your statement was not a typo but you were spreading mis-information.
Well even a Class 2 will work, if you want to get technical. It'll not be able to write to the card fast enough for sustained recording, but it'll work.

....if it can't write fast enough, you won't get a recording :tearsofjoy:

Well even a Class 2 will work, if you want to get technical. It'll not be able to write to the card fast enough for sustained recording, but it'll work.
You are the one getting technical, DJI says the minimum requirements for micro sd card is class 10 or UHS-1 PERIOD

First off, lets dial it back a bit here, this is only the internet and it's only an SD card.
Not all cards are the same. As long as it meets the requirements stated by DJI you will be fine.
If you are buying new cards future proof the purchase, buy it big & buy it fast! ;)
I only buy specific brands because cheap is cheap, and don't buy on Ebay (fake cards).

Reactions: Sinisalo
....if it can't write fast enough, you won't get a recording :tearsofjoy:
Yes you will, but it'll drop frame like there is no tomorrow. Resulting in a stuttered video or corrupted footage. It'll save JPG images no problem, though issues with RAW.

Ultimately, the class rating is the minimum write speed for that class. Where higher write speed will always be beneficial and best place to eliminate any bottleneck.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj