DJI Phantom 3 4k Range Extender

Will this antenna work with the standard 4k drone? I looked at the antenna on amazon and it says its for the pro/advanced. Would you recommend this antenna for further distance or do the downgrade FW mod? Or both? Im only getting about 500ft distance before i start losing signal.

Link?

Also when you only get 500' where are you flying?

I bought mine from MaxxUAV online - that way I knew I got one that worked with my drone...and it does....haven't gotten a chance to test it for distance yet...since this is my starter drone I'm not overly concerned with anything past a mile, so we'll see what happens with this.

Amazon.com : Itelite DBS02 Antenna System for DJI Phantom 4, Phantom 3 Professional, Phantom 3 Advanced and DJI Inspire 1 : Camera & Photo

I am flying in a pretty crowded residential neighborhood.and i am constantly getting severe interference warnings. I havent got out somewhere yet into the open and fly and test cause i just got it 5 days ago.

Yeah. Dense is bad for range. :(

That one isn't going to work for the 4K. I'd highly recommend going with the one I linked. Either from max uav or dbs or wherever. It should specifically name your model in the mod.

I didn't notice a big change in my neighborhood but I'm sort of in a corner where it's not as dense but generally don't take it up and out very far.

I can't really get out to seriously fly until next weekend.

Or if you want to order directly from their main website.
http://dbsmods.com/phantom-3-4k-preorder-shipping-friday-feb-19/

Mine is stuck at the custom clearance for 4 days now and no news whatsoever... **** bloodsucker must be wanting to extort me... (I mean the custom dept.)

I heard positive news for this antenna so I'm sure I made the right decision. I'm just worried about the installation cause I'm not good with modifying electronic hardwares.

EDIT: Finally It's out of custom clearance and OTW ! Can't wait to get home.

Last edited:
Please, I have a phantom 3 4K in CE mode. How did you change from the CE to the FCC?
you don't it works off where you are at fcc states ce across pond

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair