DJI Phantom 3 4K, a 4K Wi-Fi edition

LuvMyTJ

Admin
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
This new Phantom brings 4K aerial film making to more people than ever, and includes many of the winning features that have made the Phantom 3 series the most popular flying cameras in the world.
These include a Vision Positioning System for stable indoor flight, 25 minutes of flying time, and dedicated buttons on the remote control for playback, video recording and shutter.

With more and more people wanting to fly in 4K, the Phantom 3 4K is ready and equipped with DJI’s most advanced technologies to bring aerial photography and film making to everyone.

p3-e673ad6907370d2a566c662dc94c9654.jpg

SOURCE: DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

Reactions: jask79
393 foot forced limit. no thanks
The range? The P3-4K = 3937’ vs. P3S = 3281’ so 656’ difference (claimed).
Unless your limited to CE, then its 500m on both.

Reactions: Xorge
This is the Standard with a 4K camera from what I can see. It's then DJI just playing around a little with the distance stats.

Standard = 2.7k Wifi, 1/4 mile range ($700)
Standard 4k = Standard with 4k camera ($1000)

Advanced = 2.7k with Lightbridge 2 mile range ($1000)
Professional = 4k with Lightbridge ($1200)

Standard k serves two purposes... gives people the lower price option with 4k and also serves to directly compete with other drones such as the Q500, Solo, etc.

What I don't agree with is the gold labeling.

This is the Standard with a 4K camera from what I can see. It's then DJI just playing around a little with the distance stats.

Standard = 2.7k Wifi, 1/4 mile range ($700)
Standard 4k = Standard with 4k camera ($1000)

Advanced = 2.7k with Lightbridge 2 mile range ($1000)
Professional = 4k with Lightbridge ($1200)

Standard k serves two purposes... gives people the lower price option with 4k and also serves to directly compete with other drones such as the Q500, Solo, etc.

What I don't agree with is the gold labeling.
Also has different TX with the buttons .
As far as the Gold labeling what 's that got to do with anything . I'm gonna buy some on put on my Standard. :p

Reactions: Phil Sutphin
Also has different TX with the buttons .
As far as the Gold labeling what 's that got to do with anything . I'm gonna buy some on put on my Standard. :p
Hey Dirk, just dip in in some gold and be done with it. ;)
I assume the gold trim is because it is indicative of the 4K camera.

Reactions: Xorge and dirkclod
It only has 480p live view. IMHO, it's not an updated P3 Standard as others have stated elsewhere. It's almost a step backwards as the Standard has 720p live view.

Live View Quality 480P @ 30fps

Reactions: Meta4
It only has 480p live view. IMHO, it's not an updated P3 Standard as others have stated elsewhere. It's almost a step backwards as the Standard has 720p live view.
The lower resolution may be part of the range difference. Also, the transmitter power is 27dBm on the P3-4K and the P3S is 19dBm in the USA.

The lower resolution may be part of the range difference. Also, the transmitter power is 27dBm on the P3-4K and the P3S is 19dBm in the USA.
That's what I read this morning on the DJI forum. Something about lowering your video resolution would help the P3S fly further, but I think they weren't referring to the live view video.

DJI Forum|video transmission quality setting in P3S

Yes, the live view is the issue. A lower resolution FPV will give you more range. The main video is on the card in the camera.
The P2V allowed you to choose a resolution for the FPV but as far as I know the resolution can't be changed on the P3S.

Reactions: dirkclod
Yes, the live view is the issue. A lower resolution FPV will give you more range. The main video is on the card in the camera.
The P2V allowed you to choose a resolution for the FPV.
ya know he right.jpg

There was life before the P3 :)
And life was good .:cool:

On a slightly different note, I noticed when reading this comparison that the P3A now has 2.7k video. Is that a recent occurrence, a future firmware upgrade, or a typo? I don't have a P3A, but have seen many complaining about having lower resolution on a higher end camera.

On a slightly different note, I noticed when reading this comparison that the P3A now has 2.7k video. Is that a recent occurrence, a future firmware upgrade, or a typo? I don't have a P3A, but have seen many complaining about having lower resolution on a higher end camera.
I believe it's had it for a while. I've always read that about it.

The Advanced got the update to the camera several months ago, hasn't been year yet I don't believe. There have been assorted upgrades since these came out. For example, the Standard just got 1080p at 60fps added in the last update.

Actually, the 1080p at 60fps on the Standard is only for IOS users. To my knowledge, no one with an android device has been able to get that resolution as an option.

Actually, the 1080p at 60fps on the Standard is only for IOS users. To my knowledge, no one with an android device has been able to get that resolution as an option.
Who uses Android? JK :D You are correct, it is only iOS at this time. I used that as an example of DJI updating camera capabilities.

Reactions: Xorge

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers