DJI Phantom 2v+ Burned up in Flight! RMA ISSUED

Reaction score
This is a follow up to my original post under the heading "DJI Phantom 2v+ Burned up in Flight! Pix of Damage"

If you haven't plowed through the original post, it concerned a P2VPlus that's ESC's malfunctioned and melted through the top of the Phantom causing a catastrophic loss.

The unit was purchased from B&H Photo "used" but still subject to DJI's warranty. I also purchased a SquareTrade warranty from B&H Photo when buying the P2VPlus.

To make a long story short, both DJI and B&H Photo authorized RMA's to return the faulty unit. I will return it to B&H Photo rather than DJI in order to save the month long wait with DJI.

The return process with B&H Photo took 2 emails. After receiving my initial complaint, that they asked that I first contact SquareTrade. Filing an online claim with SquareTrade took 5 minutes, but the claim was denied. After telling B&H Photo that SquareTrade refused to provide coverage, they immediately replied with a RMA and return, postage paid, UPS label. [Note: SquareTrade DID NOT COVER THE LOSS because it occurred within the first 30 days of buying the warranty. That exclusion, of course, was something that I was not aware of when purchasing that 3rd-party warranty or when filing the claim.]

That process with DJI was similar to dealing B&H except that I had to call their Customer Support Center. I reached Ian in London, England after an hour long hold. Though I was somewhat grumpy after that wait, Ian was VERY professional, sounding much like he could perform 007 voice-overs, and he immediately issued an RMA and emailed me return instructions.

On a side note, I am sure that there's a slight risk that dealers may not have the most updated products in their inventory, but considering the volume of business that B&H Photo does AND their great after sales support, I think buying from them is worth that "risk". Plus, I don't care for DJI's "your purchase will ship 3 to 5 days after your payment is confirmed". I want everything "tomorrow".

During the time before I filed the claims, I was really debating throwing the unit in the trash and just buying a Matrix or other brand quad. I'm glad that I did not...

All-in-all I am pleased with the customer service I received from both B&H Photo and DJI!!! The advice I received here also helped.

For what its worth, I will continue to buy DJI's products and will purchase them all through B&H Photo.

Your screen name looks familiar. Didn't I give you a heads up about the ESC's when you 1st got your quad?

Glad it is getting replaced. Yep, B&H is a great company to deal with.

paulgrenga said:
flyNfrank,
Yep, somewhere here I apologized for being an idiot. LOL
Paul

Well hopefully now we know what needs to be done so that something like this never happens again.

Interesting post. Thanx for sharing. I would like to know when you get your P2 back.
I have also spoken with Ian on the DJI support line. He is the only DJI contact who has at least tried to help.
I returned my P2V+ because of stress fractures near the motor mounts, never having crashed or hard landed. $63 UPS shipping July 10th, delivered by UPS July 15, acknowledged and entered into DJI Zendesk July30, RMA replacement of P2 notified August 28, Fedex tracking number provided September 1, several support requests and calls since...nobody knows where my P 2 replacement is, but Ian is at least still looking for it..I hope!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor