DJI Phantom 2v+ Burned up in Flight! Pix of Damage

No wonder DJI don't dare post on this forum - it'd leave them open to countless global damages/warranty claims for stuffed v2's and maybe human/property damages too.
It's this simple DJI - TEST YOUR **** PRODUCTS T-H-O-R-O-U-G-H-L-Y before releasing them to market - it's called QUALITY CONTROL.
Oh...I know this scenario too well. I was looking a being a state distributor for an unspecified brand of bluetooth tracker but decided against it.
Why ? Because the product was CLEARLY inconsistent and unreliable and UNFIT for market. More of a beta release in reality.
BUT..the importer, being a salesman with $$$ flashing in his eyes keen on gaining a preemptive marketplace position, couldn't see the obvious engineering defects, consumer backlash and negative sentiment and product returns that had the potential to wipe out his company. 1.5 years on the product has gone nowhere... DUH !
Here - DJI - ship your new products out to say 50 people (like experts on this forum) willing to engage in testing, FIX the problems found, THEN maybe release it to the global market.
You are treading a very fine line at this point. Wake up fast. There a countless companies bigger than yours that have gone under for less...

This is a follow up to my original post... From my perspective, this issued was "solved" to my satisfaction.

If you recall, this unit was purchased from B&H Photo "used" but still subject to DJI's warranty. I also purchased a SquareTrade warranty from B&H Photo when buying the P2VPlus.

To make a long story short, both DJI and B&H Photo authorized RMA's to return the faulty unit. I will return it to B&H Photo rather than DJI in order to save the month long wait with DJI.

The return process with B&H Photo took 2 emails. After receiving my initial complaint, that they asked that I first contact SquareTrade. Filing an online claim with SquareTrade took 5 minutes, but the claim was denied. After telling B&H Photo that SquareTrade refused to provide coverage, they immediately replied with a RMA and return, postage paid, UPS label. [Note: SquareTrade DID NOT COVER THE LOSS because it occurred within the first 30 days of buying the warranty. That exclusion, of course, was something that I was not aware of when purchasing that 3rd-party warranty or when filing the claim.]

That process with DJI was similar to dealing B&H except that I had to call their Customer Support Center. I reached Ian in London, England after an hour long hold. Though I was somewhat grumpy after that wait, Ian was VERY professional, sounding much like he could perform 007 voice-overs, and he immediately issued an RMA and emailed me return instructions.

On a side note, I am sure that there's a slight risk that dealers may not have the most updated products in their inventory, but considering the volume of business that B&H Photo does AND their great after sales support, I think buying from them is worth that "risk". Plus, I don't care for DJI's "your purchase will ship 3 to 5 days after your payment is confirmed". I want everything "tomorrow".

During the time before I filed the claims, I was really debating throwing the unit in the trash and just buying a Matrix or other brand quad. I'm glad that I did not...

All-in-all I am pleased with the customer service I received from both B&H Photo and DJI!!! The advice I received here also helped.

For what its worth, I will continue to buy DJI's products and will purchase them all through B&H Photo.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr