DJI PHANTOM 2 VISION RECOVERY

Reaction score
I'm open for ideas as to how to word a sticker to put on the Vision that might hopefully urge someone finding it to call a number on the sticker to get it back to it's owner. I don't want to step on any toes or give the Gestapo any reason to fine me. The way I see it, with no recovery info at all on the Phantom Vision, how would anyone know who to contact? I think a Phone number is better than nothing. I know most of us are honest, but we don't want to leave any doubt to a finder that they could have returned it to the owner.

ruqs.jpg

I love the idea and wonder if it will help.

But technically, you're outright saying it's public property, which clearly isn't the case (unless you're a federal employee and purchased it for work). And "personnel" should be fixed ;)

ElGuano said:

Like I say, anything that would remove all doubt that they could have contacted you is better than nothing.

BigSky said:
ElGuano said:

But technically, you're outright saying it's public property, which clearly isn't the case (unless you're a federal employee and purchased it for work). And "personnel" should be fixed ;)

Where does it say it's public property. It's saying it's US Property and I am a citizen of the US

Yeah, that's an accepted term of art (it has an established legal definition). Not that I personally care, but you can't just make up your own definitions for things when those definitions already exist and have the force of law :)

For about $30 I purchased a Brother waterproof label maker on Amazon.com. The label I made simply says, "Reward if Found" along my phone number. I originally thought about writing on my P2 with a permanent marker, but probably not a good idea in case I ever decide to sell it. I also labeled my GoPro since I sometimes use it solo without the Phantom.

lgeist said:
For about $30 I purchased a Brother waterproof label maker on Amazon.com. The label I made simply says, "Reward if Found" along my phone number. I originally thought about writing on my P2 with a permanent marker, but probably not a good idea in case I ever decide to sell it. I also labeled my GoPro since I sometimes use it solo without the Phantom.

Good idea too, at least it would give them the option to be honest and call you.

BigSky said:
I'm open for ideas as to how to word a sticker to put on the Vision that might hopefully urge someone finding it to call a number on the sticker to get it back to it's owner. I don't want to step on any toes or give the Gestapo any reason to fine me. The way I see it, with no recovery info at all on the Phantom Vision, how would anyone know who to contact? I think a Phone number is better than nothing. I know most of us are honest, but we don't want to leave any doubt to a finder that they could have returned it to the owner.

ruqs.jpg

The unit "really" has gps tracking info on, why would the person need to call you? You should already know where it is :lol:

Love the revision! You should make it a Google Voice phone number, so when it rings you know to answer "Drone Recovery Unit, operator 43-B speaking. Are you calling to claim a reward on lost drone 00215?"

Oh, and might as well print a serial number on it too, so it looks like one of a hundred in a fleet.

I have a label printer and across the top of mine it has "Reward if returned" and my number.

Or you could go to Coloradosky's store and buy his version of your sticker plus a lot of extra personalisation stuff: http://www.signsoflife.net/phantom-graphics.php

I recommend him - great service and very nice materials used. I've got some of his arm stickers and they are so much better than the stock ones if you tend to open up your Vision now and then for maintenance or tinkering. Plus they look cool. ;)

Pull_Up said:
I have a label printer and across the top of mine it has "Reward if returned" and my number.

Or you could go to Coloradosky's store and buy his version of your sticker plus a lot of extra personalisation stuff: http://www.signsoflife.net/phantom-graphics.php

I recommend him - great service and very nice materials used. I've got some of his arm stickers and they are so much better than the stock ones if you tend to open up your Vision now and then for maintenance or tinkering. Plus they look cool. ;)

Have all his stickers on the way ..... had him print one with ID ..... "CIA UAV VID DRONE" .... just to scare the people that dont know any better :twisted: LOL

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj