DJI Phantom 2 Vision + randomly flipping

Reaction score
DJI Phantom 2 Vision + randomly flipping without warning. Recently updated to phantom 2 vision assistant_3.6 with all items updated to most recent firmware as of the 4th Nov 2014. Anyone have a suggestion why it might of done this, nearly ended up in the drink. Have vision+ Utility Pro flight log if interested. Wind was only approx 17km. I have flown in strong wind previously without issue.

Note I had pretty limited control of the device until the speed returned to normal (notice speed increase, once that returned back to acceptable limits I had normal flight control).

Note the music is a bit loud, was a quick search on YouTube for something that contained the word Mayday.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/RmEltRb-OzQ

It hasn't done it since, have done multiple flights low to ground in fenced in hockey field (almost acts as a Faraday Cage limiting external interference sources).

Have since flown upto 400m high without issue. I am suspecting weird pockets of wind / updraught that were following the river bed and those updraughts might of hit / clipped the side of the multi rotor causing it to flip the same direction each time.

But after additional thoughts etc.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl