DJI Phantom 2 Vision Quadcopter Battery Parrallel Charger Bo

Re: DJI Phantom 2 Vision Quadcopter Battery Parrallel Charge

You have to use the pb setting on a lipo charger. I don't think you'll cook them, I think the battery circuitry only allows so much.
May be wrong. But I thought I read this somewhere

LiPos utilize their own unique charging profile characterized as CC/CV or constant current/constant voltage.
You can read all about it.
This is further refined by balance charging to enhance battery performance.

Since the supplied charger appears to be just a 12.6VDc/4A supply these unique charging functions must be 'handled', to the extent they are utilized, by the circuitry added to these packs. This circuitry, which is not reuseable by design (they'll be a hack soon I'd guess), not only increase the costs but also lowers reliability.

I agree the Pb setting would then seem be then the most approppriate as it acts like a constant voltage source.

As far as the parrallel charging adapter... the wee bit of decreased time to charge three together instead of accumulated separately likely lies in the the fact that once the charging current begins dropping in the CV phase to less than 1.3A/pack (4/3), the extra 'headroom' of the charger is able to supply each of the 3 packs sufficient current without the typical parallel penalty if you will.

Wow, this stuff is getting more complicated than I need. Three questions please.

1) Is this OK to use with the stock power supply or is it better to get a more powerful one?
2) Is this OK to use at all for that matter? Or is this contraption flat out bad for my batteries?
3) I've read in other threads discussing different multi-charge techniques that all the batteries should be in a similar state of discharge before charging them together. Does that apply to this method as well, or is it OK to charge batteries that are at different charge levels?

Please try to answer in layman's terms that someone who doesn't know the difference between a volt and an amp can digest. I don't have a background in electronics and the last page or so of this thread made my head hurt :?

uscpsycho said:
... I don't have a background in electronics and the last page or so of this thread made my head hurt :?
+1

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

uscpsycho said:
Wow, this stuff is getting more complicated than I need. Three questions please.

1) Is this OK to use with the stock power supply or is it better to get a more powerful one?
2) Is this OK to use at all for that matter? Or is this contraption flat out bad for my batteries?
3) I've read in other threads discussing different multi-charge techniques that all the batteries should be in a similar state of discharge before charging them together. Does that apply to this method as well, or is it OK to charge batteries that are at different charge levels?

Please try to answer in layman's terms that someone who doesn't know the difference between a volt and an amp can digest. I don't have a background in electronics and the last page or so of this thread made my head hurt :?

Some Ebay sellers sites warn against charging single batteries with this thing if using power bricks more powerful than 6A...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Phantom-2-V ... 3a8eb8bc6b

I ordered from Banggood... about $29 including the necessary power brick... that way I can also charge one batt using the DJI charger and the other batts with this... much shorter turnaround with two chargers to get in the air again when needed

Can you charge just 2 at a time? Or does it have to be all 3?

quackslayer said:
Can you charge just 2 at a time? Or does it have to be all 3?
Yes, you can charge one, two or three batteries. Although if you're only charging one battery I don't know why you wouldn't just use the stock charger as it was intended.

Exactly. I asked because I only have 2 batteries. Did you get yours yet? Work as described? Use stock charger or 3rd party?

I use stock charger for three batteries works fine

But would a 6A or 10A charge 3 batteries noticeably faster?

If its a 10A and charging only 2, is that a danger? Or does the intelligent part of the battery only draw what it needs?

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

Prettiy sure the intelligent battery limits it.

Sorry to resurrect this thread again. I have ordered this power brick to supply power to the power board. Banggood suggests this as a correct power adapter to use.

http://www.banggood.com/DJI-Phantom-2-V ... 24112.html

The power supply is 15A. They claim that if I am using a 3rd party charger greater than 6A using this parallel charger, I should NOT charge one battery on it's own.... but does this mean I should only use this power brick IF I want to charge 3 batts? It will be too much for just 2?

I'm just so fearful of spoiling the batts but need an option to charge more batts quickly. The batteries are costly, but worse, a faulty one could cause the P2 to land prematurely and possibly over water where I fly a lot...

WOrst case, I would buy 3 original chargers I guess?? A heavy prospect besides being more expensive :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.