DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus not broadcasting video

Reaction score
I have the new Vision plus and love it. However, last week it stopped broadcasting video from the copter to the dji iphone app. Now it occasionally broadcasts, but I am having no luck with the DJI Customer Support.

I think it is a loose cable inside. Anybody have any ideas?

As you can see from the iphone app image the Vision Plus is sending me telemetry. So the wifi and ssid are good.

Thanks

Kevin

Attachments

• iphone.jpg
    iphone.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 1,178
Hi Kevin, I have the exact same problem happen to me. My unit has 4 flights on it now it's a brick.

Went through the usual ropes, uninstall, reinstall to no avail. I tried 4 different devices. One flight worked perfect, changed out for a fresh battery and bam no steam of video. Nothing changed, no settings, no hardware.

Still waiting to hear from the person I bought it from OR DJI.

Let me know what you find out and I will do the same.

Matt

Same problem here after just 7 flights. I started a Paypal dispute. They responded with a why? within hours. Tech support never gets back. I'm pushing for a refund. $200 a flight is too expensive.

You can add me to this list of FPV issue. Mine is doing the same thing. I've emailed DJI a few hours ago. I'm just waiting on a reply.

My new P2V+ exhibited this behaviour today too. 4th flight, fresh battery inserted. No video but receiving telemetry as described in previous posts.

I did a couple of power cycles with everything and it started working again. Continued with the 4th flight.

Back at base (home) I've found the previous video file before this occurred is corrupt. Not an issue with power down before stopping, I stopped the video in flight and tried to start another a minute later. The camera froze...

Anyway, while I cleared the hurdles above sorta, I put the SD card back into the gimbal only it didn't click. Somehow it has slipped between the slot and is now rattling inside the gimbal...

Add me to the list as well. I get the exact same issues and the only fix is to power cycle everything, even then it doesn't always solve the issue, maybe 2/5. I lost out on a 500 dollar aerial photo shoot this past weekend because the feed wouldn't come back, it was embarrassing to say the least.

I've searched everywhere online and this is an issue that seems to be effecting many owners. DJI needs to step up and at least acknowledge that there is a problem. What's the point of an FPV drone that doesn't provide a working FPV system?

As of right now my Phantom is basically useless to me....FIGURE IT OUT DJI!

-Aggravated Consumer

P.S. I've updated everything to the most recent software, and gone through all the other basic troubleshooting with no avail.

My P2V+ developed the exact same problem. Went through very frustrating calls with DJI LA office and they told me that it was a problem with the app and that they couldn't fix it. I just couldn't accept that. Called the Texas and Atlanta service centers but not much help either.
Sent mine to STC Electronics (New York DJI service center on the DJI support website) after speaking with Sam there. He seemed to really know his stuff so I shipped my phantom to him.
One week later it is on the way back to me. I don't have it yet but Sam said that the transmitter was bad. He explained thet the transmitter overlays telemetry from the main board with the camera video and that it was replaced (cost $275 if not under warranty), tested and works fine now. The were great to work with.
Total cost to me was $60 labor and $24 to Fed Ex it back to me.
Good luck

By the way, they said they had received 3 or four just like mine so I believe the problem is widespread.
It's s shame because if it wasent for the reliability issues you cant beat this platform.

Check to make sure the cable that hooks to camera is firmly seated. Mine on arrival wouldn't transmit feed. Cable wasn't snug. Pushed it down with small screwdriver. Viola. Fixed.

Got mine back on Friday from STC Electronics in NYC. (listed on DJI website)
Works great after they replaced the transmitter.
Cost $84 because transmitter was under DJI warranty.
Highly Recommend and tell them JSPAD sent you.

Update (v3.06):
Today Upgraded to v3.06 - no fpv video stream again.
Ironic that the update says this supposed to fix the video stream for some p2v users...

SOLVED (v3.04):
I upgraded the RECEIVER(!), to the same version, fully restarted my phone and pushed back the cables in the gimbal with a screwdriver gently at the top
and now everything works.
Not sure, which one helped.

Original message:
--------------------

I have the same problem.

Phantom 2 Vision+ - I had several flights without any problems for months.
I upgraded to 3.04 firmware (ground station version), using IOS7 with the latest App - and now suddenly
there is no live fpv video stream.

Everything else works correctly.
I have telemetry, satellites, battery, I can control the gimbal, I can take photos and videos,
but I don't have live FPV stream.

I tried to reset everything to factory defaults, restarted the app, the phone, reset and rebind the repeater, etc - nothing helped.

I suspect it's a software problem - please let me know if you found a solution.

Finally flew my brand new bird for the first time. Got 4 flights out of it before it stopped transmitting. So should I call that 212 number?

Update: I left it on the kitchen table yesterday night, when i was trying for hours and nothing worked.
Today I turned it on and suddenly it just started to work! WTF?

Do you all still can take pictures and video?

I have the same issue but get an error saying the phantom connection is broken when i want to start filming or take pictures

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers