DJI Phantom 2 Vision Car Charger at 5$

BALDYIAN said:
You could always buy the new DJI one for £90 :?:

Ian
Ian ofcourse i can. I was aiming to the principle of buying and paying and not getting without any explanation.

100 bucks is hell money for this if i assume i might use it very rarely in the car. Or i just forget it.

PU can u please suggest me the min. power suitable? Thx

I needed a portable or semi portable way to charge my battery when I traveled to a location without easy access to 110 voltage to charge battery. Although not the easiest method to carry along, I carried a UPS backup system that supplies 110 volt for computers and such. It worked perfect and a little heavy with built in batteries, it wasn't too bad and kept constant voltage for charging. I just charged the UPS each night in my hotel and worked great. When disconnected from power however, it beeps every now and then and was a little irritating, so I took the UPS case apart and found the electronic beep maker and removed it, so no more beeping and kept power going as much as I needed for charging my Phantom, GoPros and other camera batteries all day long. As long as I had a vehicle to keep the UPS in available, it works great. Would not be good for backpacking or without a way to carry it handy such as vehicle, it will continue to be a good use.

dave21 said:
BALDYIAN said:
You could always buy the new DJI one for £90 :?:

Ian
Ian ofcourse i can. I was aiming to the principle of buying and paying and not getting without any explanation.

100 bucks is hell money for this if i assume i might use it very rarely in the car. Or i just forget it.

PU can u please suggest me the min. power suitable? Thx

Yeah i appreciate this Dave. It"s the same old situation that we used to get with in Car Chargers for Camera batteries, until the Chinese stepped in. Once someone realises the actual demand i"m sure i reasonable priced unit will (hopefully) appear, until then the options seem to cost as much as the DJI option or involve too mush hassle.

As for the mentioned seller, it"s always easier to ignore than inform customers. Ebay & Amazon sellers do it all the time, and very rarely do Ebay or Amazon sort them out and they continue to carry on as they feel.

Whether this issue is due to a failure of product or incorrect pricing by the company, the same customers will still be waiting for the next model or correctly priced charging unit they sell, as it"ll still be cheaper than DJI"s

But i agree it"s bad customer service, and if you have options you go elsewhere. If you don"t

Hope something works out for everyone, and i could do with a couple as well

Regards Ian

Ian

Pull_Up said:
Or buy a £15 inverter and take your standard charger with you...

For the $99, you can get a 500w inverter and second wall charger lets you charge two batteries at once.

This is what I'm doing atm and it works great, with the only caveat being you need to connect it directly to the battery to get the 500w. Since I shoot mostly on board a boat (when I'm away from a wall outlet anyway), there is no problem there.

I'm giving thought to having a pair of decent gauge cables run into the cab of my truck to connect it to so I can charge on the road, too.

I "hacked" a standard P2V charger with add-ons for charging through 110v mains, 12v car cigarette lighter receptical, stand alone batteries and a solar power charging station.

Timed charge on a 4800 mAhr beta battery was 75 minutes in all cases..no matter the input, the output is 12v

The charger supplied with the Phantom 2 and Vision is nothing more than a 12 Volt 4 Amp power supply. All the charging smarts are built into the battery.

The battery can be charged from any source that delivers 12.6 Volts and at least 5.2 Amps for a 1C charge rate.

There is another post in this forum where a member is asking about a "Multi Battery Rapid Charger" he found on Amazon.
(if using firefox - right click and select View Image to see full image - if not, make your own arrangement)

811Y+zmkfIL._SL1500_.jpg

This is nothing more than 3 battery connectors wired in parallel, wired to an XT-60 connector, along with a single connector wired to the matching XT-60 connector. If you think this is worth $85.00 well.....

A suitable size battery and a connector, along with some cable will make a field charger. I would add a 6 Amp fuse to protect against shorts. A portable car jump start battery would be one way to use it in the field.

$_35.JPG

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20