DJI Phantom 2 series Firmware v3.04 has been released.

D_Tshudy said:
neoneo said:
has anyone who has updated still experienced that jolt/jerk when trying to descend and move the right stick at the same time?

I'm not sure what you mean by the jolt/jerk but yes, this version, like 3.02 still disables the right stick when in full descent. Is that what you meant? You're flying along and then pull back on the left stick and the craft stops dead and descends, ignoring any inputs from the right stick. I find that annoying.

3.04 is the same. Full down on left stick and the right stick becomes unresponsive. When descending while moving in a direction I try to keep the left stick up just enough so I can keep moving that direction.

goinup said:
Thanks to all of you, I believe I've finally resolved the issue. One question on the Win driver - Does it have to be installed after you've connected to the Phantom - or does it matter. I know the Assistant has to be connected when you install it...then install the RC Assistant via the phantom assistant. Slowly learning (slow learner?) :mrgreen:
the win driver enables windows to recognize the phantom as the phantom so the assistant software can connect. Install it 1st..
If you think you have an issue you can reinstall without risk of doing harm..

gfredrone said:
D_Tshudy said:
neoneo said:
has anyone who has updated still experienced that jolt/jerk when trying to descend and move the right stick at the same time?

I'm not sure what you mean by the jolt/jerk but yes, this version, like 3.02 still disables the right stick when in full descent. Is that what you meant? You're flying along and then pull back on the left stick and the craft stops dead and descends, ignoring any inputs from the right stick. I find that annoying.

3.04 is the same. Full down on left stick and the right stick becomes unresponsive. When descending while moving in a direction I try to keep the left stick up just enough so I can keep moving that direction.
smh, they gotta fix that.

doug86 said:
SeeUAV said:
If the data this exports doesn't contain any personal information would someone be willing to upload a sample of what the new update creates? I would just like to see what sort of data it is saving.

There is no data yet. We learned that the data recording will not be available until the next firmware update.

That's a bit disappointing - wait does this mean that the firmware has an error each time it goes to create this data or was it intentionally left out?

SeeUAV said:
doug86 said:
SeeUAV said:
If the data this exports doesn't contain any personal information would someone be willing to upload a sample of what the new update creates? I would just like to see what sort of data it is saving.

There is no data yet. We learned that the data recording will not be available until the next firmware update.

That's a bit disappointing - wait does this mean that the firmware has an error each time it goes to create this data or was it intentionally left out?

On the same day that DJI released the firmware update, they released a new version of the user manual. Many of us rushed to read the new manual as we updated at the same time.

The only hint that there was any data collection going on was found in the updated user manual. It was never mentioned in the update notes or any press releases, so it's safe to assume that it was never intended to be included with this firmware version, and there is no error going on.

Rickesco said:
Morning Guys,
Being new with the Phantom, Quick question. Do I update the radio or the quad???

Sorry stupid question...

Rick

the quad. but remote may also have some updates if you never did it.

tizzl10 said:
doug86 said:
Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Its a seperate download on the dji site called dataviewer that can now read a .dat file left on the sd card after every flight.
I just tried it an there are no .dat files on the card. ...

mystery so far. Let me know if anyone actually gets data of the SD card. I'm going to try again....

its probably not being written to the card if you dont see it..probably being written to some internal memory within the phantom.

edit..i stand corrected..looks like it is in fact being written to the card.
Is the new flight data the reason for the my SD card filling up so fast?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj