DJI Phantom 2 series Firmware v3.04 has been released.

DJI just confirmed that the actual datalogging is not working yet, but will be added in a future firmware update. So, no more hunting for hidden files on the SD card for now :)

Heavier payloads? Awesome, now i can give the cat a break from his test pilot duties and recruit the dog...
Here boy! (Whistles) Where are you hiding? Don't be scared boy, these things hardly ever fly away....

MikesTooLz said:
Everyone should update to this latest firmware.

The major point to this update is that the phantom will now record flight data when ever you use it. (some people have added on expensive mods to record flight data)

This will hopefully help diagnose those flyaway issues or power failures etc....
Also if you do have a failure this should provide proof for DJI to replace under warranty.

My guess is they are getting a higher than expected failure rate that they cannot pinpoint the cause without flight data being recorded during flight.
If they are able to pinpoint an issue with the flight data they will then in turn be able to provide another firmware update to address those issues.
awesome! can we access this flight data via the assistant software or anywhere else?

ElGuano said:
DJI just confirmed that the actual datalogging is not working yet, but will be added in a future firmware update. So, no more hunting for hidden files on the SD card for now :)
Darn! It would be cool if they would partner with Flytrex and incorporate the recorded data into the app for a graphical view of the telemetry...

Just got my new PV2+ yesterday. Somehow, I have screwed up. I downloaded the win driver and and assistant software, Hooked up my vision to my Win7 laptop, and ran the software. As I got a pop-up to install ver 3.4, i did so, and got a success popup. Ran the RC Asst software, and calibrated my sicks on the controller. As no mode was selected. I chose "Mode 1"
When I went back to the assistant software, I again got a pop-up to install ver 3.4., which I did. Again, getting a success popup.
Decided to go on my maiden flight. Discovered I had somehow reversed the R/L stick controls (right, up/down). Came back in and decided to just uninstall/reinstall all DJI stuff from my computer.
Now when I connect to the Phantom via the Assistant software, the bottom connector indicators show black and steady blue, and "MODE N/A"
Any guidance to get me back on track and my controller back to default would be appreciated.

Thanks

goinup said:
Just got my new PV2+ yesterday. Somehow, I have screwed up. I downloaded the win driver and and assistant software, Hooked up my vision to my Win7 laptop, and ran the software. As I got a pop-up to install ver 3.4, i did so, and got a success popup. Ran the RC Asst software, and calibrated my sicks on the controller. As no mode was selected. I chose "Mode 1"
When I went back to the assistant software, I again got a pop-up to install ver 3.4., which I did. Again, getting a success popup.
Decided to go on my maiden flight. Discovered I had somehow reversed the R/L stick controls (right, up/down). Came back in and decided to just uninstall/reinstall all DJI stuff from my computer.
Now when I connect to the Phantom via the Assistant software, the bottom connector indicators show black and steady blue, and "MODE N/A"
Any guidance to get me back on track and my controller back to default would be appreciated.

Thanks
This is acting like the driver is not working. Did you try reinstalling that?

BlackTracer said:
MrC said:
Skipholiday said:
reconnect assistant and select mode2~!

This.
If you read what he wrote his problem is he can't connect to the assistant. How are you recommending he reconnect to the assistant?
If you have done this before you would know if you get MODE N/A it's normally because the controller is not recognized immediately.
Happens all the time, restart reconnect do whateVer, he already has the driver installed thats how he switched modes.
Its not much at all wrong his biggest problem was the reversed controls. that is scary until you realize wtf it is..

he needs mode 2

If the data this exports doesn't contain any personal information would someone be willing to upload a sample of what the new update creates? I would just like to see what sort of data it is saving.

SeeUAV said:
If the data this exports doesn't contain any personal information would someone be willing to upload a sample of what the new update creates? I would just like to see what sort of data it is saving.

There is no data yet. We learned that the data recording will not be available until the next firmware update.

neoneo said:
has anyone who has updated still experienced that jolt/jerk when trying to descend and move the right stick at the same time?

I'm not sure what you mean by the jolt/jerk but yes, this version, like 3.02 still disables the right stick when in full descent. Is that what you meant? You're flying along and then pull back on the left stick and the craft stops dead and descends, ignoring any inputs from the right stick. I find that annoying.

D_Tshudy said:
neoneo said:
has anyone who has updated still experienced that jolt/jerk when trying to descend and move the right stick at the same time?

I'm not sure what you mean by the jolt/jerk but yes, this version, like 3.02 still disables the right stick when in full descent. Is that what you meant? You're flying along and then pull back on the left stick and the craft stops dead and descends, ignoring any inputs from the right stick. I find that annoying.

I haven't noticed that, next fine day I'll try it out. Any idea why they've done that?

Skipholiday said:
Thanks Skip for the tip. I think I finally stumbled across my error. :roll:

goinup said:
Skipholiday said:
Thanks Skip for the tip. I think I finally stumbled across my error. :roll:
You've got this.. :) Too much fun, always double check yourself. :ugeek:

BlackTracer said:
MrC said:
Skipholiday said:

This.
If you read what he wrote his problem is he can't connect to the assistant. How are you recommending he reconnect to the assistant?
Thanks to all of you, I believe I've finally resolved the issue. One question on the Win driver - Does it have to be installed after you've connected to the Phantom - or does it matter. I know the Assistant has to be connected when you install it...then install the RC Assistant via the phantom assistant. Slowly learning (slow learner?) :mrgreen:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav