DJI Phantom 2 series Firmware v3.04 has been released.

Reaction score
97f65974b2d5fe007d848767e25f49fd.jpg

Please upgrade the main controller Firmware to v3.04 using the Assistant software v3.0.

Please click http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/download to download latest version of assistant.

Overview:

• 1. Main controller firmware updated to: v3.04.

Major New features:

• 1. Stability when carrying heavy payloads improved.
  • 2. Flight restriction database updated.

So, I totally don't want to be the first one to upgrade and test new dji firmware... who wants to volunteer?

Ill definitely do it later as I want to have a look at this new black box flight data recording function.

I can't wait to be the first kid on the block to see what's wrong with THIS version... :roll:

-slinger

ShawnSmith said:
So, I totally don't want to be the first one to upgrade and test new dji firmware... who wants to volunteer?
I just did, no problems with flight. Data recorder feature not putting any .dat files that I can find on the SD card....

your mileage may vary

doug86 said:
ShawnSmith said:
I just did, no problems with flight. Data recorder feature not putting any .dat files that I can find on the SD card....

your mileage may vary

Hey... let's ask someone with a P2V+ if THEY have any .dat files on their SD card with this update... Betcha they do... ;)

-slinger

gunslinger said:
Hey... let's ask someone with a P2V+ if THEY have any .dat files on their SD card with this update... Betcha they do... ;)

DJI support page for P2V has Phantom DataViewer for a download. If this "black box" works only on Vision+, why it is offered for Vision, too??? Or did DJI forget to test it on P2V...

AnselA said:
gunslinger said:

DJI support page for P2V has Phantom DataViewer for a download. If this "black box" works only on Vision+, why it is offered for Vision, too??? Or did DJI forget to test it on P2V...

Forget to test it? I doubt it. They're waiting for us to do it for them... :D

-slinger

gunslinger said:
AnselA said:
gunslinger said:

Forget to test it? I doubt it. They're waiting for us to do it for them... :D

-slinger

I loaded Data Viewer from vision page. It might take me a while to beta test it for them because I will have to learn Japanese to read labels on boxes surrounding the main window. If they provided some sample dat. files I could play with it but as it is now it is just the main screen and some boxes surrounding it with nothing in any box and none of the buttons do anything. At least they are consistent with their early software releases. If anyone has any dat. files it would look prettier with some maps in the now blank windows. Someone else can test the Phantom software upgrade when they release it for the Vision; I didn't think the viewer would crash the Phantom, although it could have crashed my computer. :lol:

Is it just me or does this kind of post by DJI sound something like master tossing and old bone into a lukewarm bowl of slop for the dog to eat and saying "Here ya go, *****, enjoy". Not a single comment, not a single acknowledgment of previous issues, nothing. I mean it's like the single most active DJI phantom board in the Western Hemisphere. "Here ya go *****, test this for me..."

notice from DJI is that the Data Viewer files are not available until the next firmware update, so no one will be seeing any DAT files on their SD cards just yet.

I did up date the firmware, and so far no issues.

I still haven't upgradepd to the last update or the iPhone update either with all the issues that arose. I got burned with the camera update in January and was a mess. Scared of their testing of updates and do not want to be their test subject again.

Just updated to v3.04 from v2.0.

What a disaster. Thing flys like an absolute pig now. Twitching and freaking out all over the place. (Yes I advanced calibrated and compass danced until the cows came home)

Won't let me go back to v2.0. Magnetic declination issue and TBE still exists. Suck company. Phantom grounded.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl