dji phantom 2 remote control transmitter help?

Reaction score
so i have a dji phantom 2 so far i only flown it once and look forward to flying it again this weekend i have some concerns about the remote control transmitter when i first flew the phantom i had it in gps mode to the right of the remote and to the left of the remote i had the switch to off is that how we are supposed to fly it? cause it flew perfectly fine for me the first time. so i wanna fly it again but i wanna try to avoid crashing it or losing it in the air or stop it from drifting cause I've seen lots of youtube videos of people losing theres in the air. So my question is next time i fly can i fly it with gps mode on and have home lock on when i take off? or am i suppose to take off with gps on and have the other switch on off? if I'm right i've heard when flying with gps on with the other switch on off and if i see the dji flying out of control to quickly switch on the home lock to the left of the remote to fly back where it took off? is that how it works? and need explanations on how course lock works to the left of the remote control or if anybody can help me explain it better to me or if you guys can share youtube video on how to for remote transmitter thanks.

Hi chino316. I suggest you get the manual out again and go through it. It explains everything you refer to. Bothe switches should be up and Course Lock and Home Lock have to be enabled in the Assistant Software's IOC section before they come into use. Page 12. Dji recommend you do not enable as a beginner. The initiation lights are also different.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

hi thanks again for the feedback yea i'm trying to learn as much as possible since I'm just getting into this and having the phantom for about 2 weeks now just trying to avoid lots of errors people are having even tho one day it might happen to me hopefully not but I'm learning a lot now found lots of youtube vid on almost everything and thank you for the tip on manual will do that as well.

IrishSights said:
Hi chino316. I suggest you get the manual out again and go through it. It explains everything you refer to. Bothe switches should be up and Course Lock and Home Lock have to be enabled in the Assistant Software's IOC section before they come into use. Page 12. Dji recommend you do not enable as a beginner. The initiation lights are also different.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1