Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

DJI Phantom 2 Problem after crash in water

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Help' started by BavarianRob, Mar 16, 2015.

1. BavarianRob

Hi all,

Massive quad noob here! So much so that I crashed a friends Phantom into a tree and it fell into a pond. What made it worse was that I had to strip off to my boxers to retrieve it!

I have dried it all out and it starts up but then I get a very loud buzz from one of the motors as per the video below. This motor took the brunt of the crash as it lost a prop so I think it or the esc may be toast?

https://youtu.be/ggsR9-JfvF4

I plan on swapping this motor to the other side to see if it does the same, but does anyone have any ideas or a method for testing? I'm prepared to change all the motors and escs if I have to, but didn't want to go to that extent if I didn't need to.

Thanks in advance

Rob.

2. IflyinWY

Start by letting it dry.

You've made no mention of how long it's been since the bird took a swim.

How did you make the motor buzz in the video?

3. BavarianRob

It's only been a day, I've had it drying near my boiler. It was in the water for about ten minutes and the lights were still flashing on the arms when I pulled it out.

I just put the battery in and turned it on. The buzz on the motor happens every few seconds.

4. IflyinWY

More drying, lots more drying. Maybe shake it around and hit it with a hair dryer every now and then.

Do a close up visual inspection and try to find any crap that might be shorting the ESC.

Oh yea,
    Welcome to the party :D

5. BavarianRob

Ok so I found the beeping problem. Whilst drying the connectors I didn't plug one of them into the flight controller correctly. Now I get riding beeps on start up then motors will run up. I need to change one motor and or the esc as it isn't working so I think I may have solved it fingers crossed.

6. Larry L

Hopefully you get it fixad. What was your friends state of mind? :eek: