DJI Phantom 2 Main board compass connector came off with SMD Pads PLEASE Help

Reaction score
DJI Phantom 2 Main board compass connector came off with SMD Pads please help. I will post pic later. When I connect my phantom 2 to PT2 software from DJI it says irregular compass data please restart flight controller. PLEASE GIVE OPINIONS

Last edited:
DJI Phantom 2 Main board compass connector came off with SMD Pads please help. I will post pic later. When I connect my phantom 2 to PT2 software from DJI it says irregular compass data please restart flight controller.

Sure would help to see that photo. :rolleyes:

Not at home but i made some diagrams and examples please look

Attachments

• vision-circuit-board-2.jpg
    vision-circuit-board-2.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 2,713
  • dji-ph2gps.jpg
    dji-ph2gps.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 3,528
Not at home but i made some diagrams and examples please look

Are the 5 pins still there? From what can see is the plastic connector is indexed and the compass could only go on in one direction. Now if the pins are broke off you'll need to replace the board as it's not likely you be able to repair it.

2 SMD PADs on the main board are missing of the 5 so i soldered the same connector that is intact and working (tested with multimeter) on the GPS SMD PADs for the compass

That makes it hard to take the lid off.

ik but how do i get the naza-m v2 to recognize the compass plunged into the GPS

Connect P2 to the assistant and do an advanced IMU cal then do a compass cal to see if that will correct the problem.

What I don't understand why you couldn't simply slide it back onto the pins.

the pins stayed with connector and came off the main board pulling 2 SMD pads off the circuit board

Problem is you have no idea what circuits are under the board. Might be better off replacing the main board.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31