DJI Phantom 2 is dead, it seems.

Reaction score
I can't get my DJI Phantom 2 to turn on at all.

I've had it for about six months and it's previously worked fine. I have a ZenMuse Gimbal 2 installed, and it used to work fine also.

I took it out to fly a few days ago and the gimbal wouldn't turn on at all. Now, the entire copter won't turn on.

I've verified that the batteries are fully charged. When I insert the battery and turn it on, the copter just sits there. Since it won't turn on, the software won't recognize it.

How do I do a hard reset? Or any other tips to resuscitate my dead copter?

With appreciation,

Chris

When you turn the battery on do you see the 4 green LEDs on the battery count up like normal?

Yes, I do. No noise from the copter at all though.

In fact, I have two batteries, same behavior with both.

Thanks for engaging with my issue..

Chris

No lights on the copter, nothing. Battery simply seems to turn itself off. In fact, the battery acts the same as it does when turned on outside of the copter. It flashes, the LED's climb, and then it blinks and turns itself off.

Do you push the power button twice and hold the second time until the a/c powers up?

You did say you have flown before but thought I'd ask anyways.

Yes, I'm familiar with how to power up. That's what makes this so confusing. And I flew just days ago! And it wasn't an eventful flight. Everything worked normally except the gimbal.

Open up your phantom and check all soldered wires, especially the power cables

Sana

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31