DJI Phantom 2 - h3 3d with Gopro 4

Reaction score
Hello,
I have just bought a P2 with a Zenmuse h3 3d and I"m trying to use it with a Gopro hero 4, a flysight black pearl monitor, DJI IOSD Mini and ImmersionRC 25mW TX transmitter.
The monitor is connected and I'm getting info from the IOSD Mini, (this is on band F, channel 7) but NO picture is showing on the screen.
Does anyone know why this is happening and if i can fix this problem?!

Thanks Andy

Do you have the H33D with the 30 pin connector on thee back plate?
If so, unfortunately these don't work with the GoPro 4 (due to some fight between DJI and GP).
DJI sells a flex cable with a USB adapter as a replacement for the 30pin, which doesn't allow you to mount the GoPro as easily, but at least it works with both 3+ and 4.
If you need the part number, let me know, It costs a couple bucks and is easy to replace.

or are the rumours of the new GoPro software update right which stops USB video output if being charged via the USB correct.

or are the rumours of the new GoPro software update right which stops USB video output if being charged via the USB correct.

Only for the Hero 3+. Not for the 4. I have a 4 Black and mine works fine with my H4-3D.

Reactions: p fandango
Try powering the phantom first then gopro. If that fails, try powering gopro first then phantom.

Also, what firmware version is your gopro.

Hello,
I have just bought a P2 with a Zenmuse h3 3d and I"m trying to use it with a Gopro hero 4, a flysight black pearl monitor, DJI IOSD Mini and ImmersionRC 25mW TX transmitter.
The monitor is connected and I'm getting info from the IOSD Mini, (this is on band F, channel 7) but NO picture is showing on the screen.
Does anyone know why this is happening and if i can fix this problem?!

Thanks Andy

More then likely the gimbal has the ribbon cable w/USB connector for the power and video output.from the camera. Well there are possibilities why you're not getting the video 1) the ribbon cable could be damaged not allowing video to pass though. 2) the ribbon cable may not be seated fully in the USB connector. Remove the cable from the USB connector and reseat it and see if that take care of your video problem.

Only for the Hero 3+. Not for the 4. I have a 4 Black and mine works fine with my H4-3D.
ah thanks didn't know that, seems a bit of an odd marketing move then to block a discontinued model

We still haven't established which version of the gimbal he has.

We still haven't established which version of the gimbal he has.

The OP said he bought the P2 w/H3-3D gimbal.

Yep, but there was a 30pin older version and the updated USB version.

Yep, but there was a 30pin older version and the updated USB version.

Yes there were two versions of the H3-3D but I am going to assume DJI got caught with their hand in the cookie jar and GoPro changed the pin configuration on the Hero 4's so the 30 pin connection could no longer be used. So DJI switched to the USB in/out port for video output to the TX and stopped production on the first H3-3D with the 30 pin connectors.

Correct.
Although there is a rumor out there I'll try putting forward now that more people have have Hero 4.
- Take your Hero 4 Black
- Find someone with a compatible LCD backpack
- Put the backpack on, turn camera on, then you can turn it off and take the backpack off
- Test the H33D gimbal with 30pin connector

Its supposed to "unlock" the 30pin video out. I have not been able to find anyone that could confirm that this works. So if there's anyone out there with the means to test this, please try it out.

I can confirm this works. I have the new h3 3d gimbal with a hero 4 black. I replaced the USB gimbal connector with the back connector and it works fine. It even powers the gopro, so you don't need to use the gopro battery. Before I bought the phantom 22, I had already been using the gopro black 4 with the lcd screen I had used with mymy gopro 3 BE. I use this in conjuction with a Black Pearl 7 ch, immersion 600 and a mini iOSD.

Correct.
Although there is a rumor out there I'll try putting forward now that more people have have Hero 4.
- Take your Hero 4 Black
- Find someone with a compatible LCD backpack
- Put the backpack on, turn camera on, then you can turn it off and take the backpack off
- Test the H33D gimbal with 30pin connector

Its supposed to "unlock" the 30pin video out. I have not been able to find anyone that could confirm that this works. So if there's anyone out there with the means to test this, please try it out.

Serious??
Simple as that??

I've heard go pro is now trying to block the USB tv out with the newer firmwares.

I can confirm this works. I have the new h3 3d gimbal with a hero 4 black. I replaced the USB gimbal connector with the back connector and it works fine. It even powers the gopro, so you don't need to use the gopro battery. Before I bought the phantom 22, I had already been using the gopro black 4 with the lcd screen I had used with mymy gopro 3 BE. I use this in conjuction with a Black Pearl 7 ch, immersion 600 and a mini iOSD.

Thank you for confirming!!
I'm going to find an LCD to borrow and get rid of that flimsy usb flex.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4