DJI Phantom 2 GPS Vertical won't work. Plus motors won't s

Reaction score
I need technical assistance for DJI Phantom 2.

I have never flown the MC. Yesterday would have been first flight, but it wouldn't compass (GPS) calibrate. I tried and tried the GPS dance. The horizontal calibration works fine. But the vertical when complete returns to slow flashing yellow. I did the software calibration, and all is fine. But the vertical just will not calibrate.

So I decided to at least start the motors any way for the first time, even if I can't fly. The motors will not start on GPS mode nor on ATTI. When I push on the sticks (in any of the combinations) to start... the red LEDs on the MC blink 5 times, then it returns to slow flashing yellow, and nothing happens. The motors don't start. Help!!

I've included images to show everything is fine software/ firmware wise.
I don't know what to do.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-05 at 6.43.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-05 at 6.43.05 AM.png
    81.3 KB · Views: 570
  • Screen Shot 2014-10-05 at 7.09.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-05 at 7.09.05 AM.png
    110.1 KB · Views: 607
  • Screen Shot 2014-10-05 at 7.09.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-05 at 7.09.53 AM.png
    83.2 KB · Views: 581
Re: DJI Phantom 2 GPS Vertical won't work. Plus motors won'

Are you turning things on in correct sequence?
TX unit on first - extender next then quad.

5 red may be the GPS wiring harness loose.

I agree it sounds/looks like the GPS is disconnected (or has failed). That would explain the slow yellow flash, the Phantom will kick in to ATTI in that situation. However, that doesn't explain the red flashes and inability to start the motors, that may due to your battery being low as shown in your screenshots.

Also, this thread ended up in the section for non-Phantom platforms, I'll go ahead and move it to the P2 area :)

Live near an airport?

Thank you for al your help. Well, I looked at everything you posted. And paid keen attention - and you guys sorted it out for me. I opened up that bad boy, and sure enough the GPS cable was loose. Plugged it in, and presto!. Flew it Sunday afternoon for the first time. Was able to get the gps set, and the motors started there after. It was beautiful, no crashes, very smooth. Loved it. I'm up at 4AM my time so that I can go put in a flight before work starts. I'm already addicted. One scary moment though where I lost control. I freaked. It did it's own thing.... and started to drift away, and go high.... and I thought it was gone for sure... until I realized it was landing itself because the battery had dropped below 20%. Phew! Lol.

I'm a newbie. Lol.

Thanks guys!

Have you got the battery at 30% alarm turned on in your phone app? Is the phone volume up?

It is a very loud alarm that you cannot miss. Be careful over water if auto-land kick in.

paulajayne said:
Have you got the battery at 30% alarm turned on in your phone app? Is the phone volume up?
I think he has a non-vision, at least that's the forum this post is in.

Mike said:
paulajayne said:
I think he has a non-vision, at least that's the forum this post is in.

I should have noted that -- :eek:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj