DJI Phantom 2 FPV Mount for Fatshark

Just moved my vTX from inside the P2 to the outside using one of the P1 FPV CF trays and some nylon stand-offs to maintain access to the battery.

new-fpv-setup.jpg

new-fpv-setup-2.jpg

Nice and easy access to the battery using those standoffs :) Just out of interest, do you know how much the bracket etc weights?

10 maybe 15g. The CF is very light and the nylon stand-offs are nothing. Sturdy despite the stand-offs.

Ian do you have a link for the TX tray?

Many thanks

I think it's 40mm in total. Used a combination of these: http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index. ... 53_238_315.

And the vTX tray is from eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/290996831606

I've moved my RX antennas to the front legs, though I still need to get the longer antennas as one of them is higher up than it should be. This is my solution for getting the vTX and the RC RX as far away from each other as possible. Will do some field testing today to see if there is any noticeable difference.

Here's the Futaba receiver moved to its new location to keep the antennas away from any noise source:

futaba-rx-mount-2.jpg

After two months, I guess I'm already at that point in the disease where you tinker beyond the point of need!

ianwood said:
futaba-rx-mount-2.jpg

After two months, I guess I'm already at that point in the disease where you tinker beyond the point of need!

I hadn't thought of that Rx mounting option, but I think I'll check it out now. So don't stop getting creative ;)

And thanks for the info on the spacers, I was hoping you had some single ones in 25mm. I'd thought about using a combo of the ones rmrc sells, my gut told me it might not be a good idea...but if they're working fine for you I'll go ahead and give them a shot. I'm using them for Dewey's mounting tray but I'm sure they'll work for that as well as they do for your CF tray.

xgeek said:
ianwood said:

Shame they don't ship to the UK :(

It's a pretty generic part. You can probably find other dealers on eBay who will ship to the UK.

UPDATE: Gave it a test this afternoon and lo and behold, the FPV signal was clearer with less break ups. I also noticed the static came in much more gradually than before. Still some tuning to do. I may try the right angle adapter and have the antenna tip pointed to one side at a 45 degree angle.

av8inglife said:
Looks interesting but $34 bucks?... :roll:
I'll keep my velcro.. but im cheap sometimes :D
I agree I really thing it would look and work on my Phantom 2 but 34.00 hummmm
But I actually might do it.. :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers